1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas Pedal recall question/opinions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by goforlow, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Dec 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    DGXR

DGXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Friend
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7L SR5 2-wheel drive
    I took my truck in for the recall and instructed the dealer very clearly multiple times to NOT "modify" the accelerator -- I have the correct floor mats and there's no interference, so no need to cut the pedal. They did the computer re-flash and installed the brake override, then took it through the car wash... no vacuum, it needed one :( Anyway, the idle RPM seemed a little low (rough) at first but that resolved itself after a few days' driving. No problems.

2. Dec 20, 2012 at 1:56 AM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    strange, I'm pretty sure the notice says they will clean/vacuum the driver side mat area

3. Dec 20, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    DGXR

DGXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Friend
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7L SR5 2-wheel drive
    Yes a carpet cleaning was clearly stated in the notice as part of the recall service, but it was not performed during my service. That's why I gave the frowny face :( Clearly not a big deal, but it does support the general direction Toyota has been going the past few years with their products and services. :( :(

Products Discussed in

To Top