1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas pedal spacer available now! No more shipping cost

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Usethe2nd, Jun 1, 2016.

?

Run these in batches every other week?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Jun 1, 2016 at 8:12 PM
    Usethe2nd

Usethe2nd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
    UPDATED SHIPPING&PRICING.

We are going to try a 3d printing service that uses SLS. There will be a slight increase in pricing but it does offer better detail and rigidity

Well guys after over 18 versions, a lot of changes have been made. The final product is here and now made of a 3d printed nylon. It’s durable, strong and most importantly...comfortable. The spacer is designed to be used in manual transmission vehicles but you can use it in a truck with an automatic.

The spacer takes your gas pedal from this:

08D820A9-A865-4DDA-94C8-9B44340B6FB9_zps_31aa177f6f7f7f3ad99ee2b47a27d614949341f3.jpg

TO THIS!

A66B6C5C-882E-4279-9962-1F2057F445CC_zps_f579abf758d1f5d81cafa149a41caa987e754de6.jpg

The spacer gives you the ability to properly heel-toe the accelerator and brake pedal assembly without having your ankle at a funny angle, it also gives you the proper braking and rev matching ability. It really makes daily driving more enjoyable, just a simple blip of the throttle while applying brake pressure to rev match on downshifts. As well as improving daily driving it makes wheeling and hill starts A LOT easier, you’ll no longer need to pull on the e-brake.

Here is a short demonstration on a steep driveway.

Its a piece of 3d Printed Nylon that is sprinkled with fairy dust to give the pedal full support for your 2005-2015 Tacoma, FJ Cruiser (3rd gens incoming). Along with this you will get two new M6-1.00X45-8.8 mounting hardware for installation. All you need is a 10mm socket and extension. Simply unbolt the the pedal, disconnect the drive-by-wire harness, insert you spacer connect the harness and tighten the new bolts down (Please remember that tight is tight and to tight is broke. Consult you manual and make sure your click-type-elbow is properly calibrated)

Pricing:

The standard pedal spacer is white, you can order a black one for $15 more. Remember that this is a part you’ll never see, so in my opinion, the color doesn’t matter. Save yourself the money and paint the damn thing.

2nd Gen Tacoma: both I4 and V6 : $45.00

3rd Gen Tacoma: TBD. As long as the 3rd gens have no major differences I’d expect the price to be fairly similar.

FJ cruiser: $45.00

5th gen 4Runner: $45.00

Ordering and delivery:

Email is TacomaPedalSpacer@gmail.com.

Make sure you email us when you place an order, make sure to include your TacomaWorld Screen name, actual name, mailing address and color specification

Mandatory CMA:

By purchasing, using and installing this product the end user assumes all liability.

THANKS AND ENJOY!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. Jun 1, 2016 at 8:35 PM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    I'm confused... It makes it so I can't push the pedal all the way down? Or does it make the pedal sit higher at rest?

3. Jun 1, 2016 at 8:46 PM
    Usethe2nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
    It makes the gas pedal sit higher at rest, allowing you to slightly depress the throttle while applying brake pressure. Making gear shifts under braking easier and more seemless

4. Jun 1, 2016 at 8:53 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    How is the full range of the pedal stroke affected?

5. Jun 1, 2016 at 8:58 PM
    Usethe2nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
    It's not. The TPS doesn't know where it's at in relation to mounting, all it knows is 0-100%(usually the ECM doesn't allow you to achieve a full 100%, but for the sake of this conversation it will). The pedal spacer however will change where you rest your foot.

6. Jun 1, 2016 at 9:09 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Hmm... this might actually help my hand throttle work more smoothly (install not yet complete). You have a potential buyer.

7. Jun 1, 2016 at 9:12 PM
    steveo27

steveo27 Ask me about my weiner

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Off Road & 1992 VW GLI
    The same shit everyone else has.
    Sub'd just because I enjoyed the humor in the original post

8. Jun 1, 2016 at 9:26 PM
    Usethe2nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
    Throttle on the shifter? I've been thinking of making something that will T in to the existing drive-by-wire system

Waasheem likes this.
  9. Jun 1, 2016 at 9:28 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, just a manual deal. You have to press the pedal with your foot and the lever holds it in place where you want the rpms. It's made from bicycle shifter parts mostly.

10. Jun 1, 2016 at 9:33 PM
    SlipperyTaco

SlipperyTaco Slippery when Wet

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4x4 & 2014 4Runner Trail Premium
    FOX 2.5 C/O, CAMBURG UCA, FOX 2.0 REAR, SMP CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, BAMF LCA SKIDS, SCS RAY 10 MATTE GREY WHEELS, 305/70/16 BFG KO2, ALL PRO STANDARD LEAF PACK, ALL PRO SLIDERS, U-BOLT FLIP KIT, MARLIN CRAWLER REAR BUMPER, TIMBREN REAR BUMPSTOPS, WHEELERS SS BRAKE LINE F/R, D-BADGED, GIBSON CAT BACK, K&N CAI, LINE-X , GREY WIRE MOD, APOLLO 3.0 SHROUDS, D2S XB 5500K HID BULBS, LED HALOS, LED DEMON EYES, TRS LED BULBS, BHLM, IGGY PODS, CALI RAISED PODS, 30" CALI RAISED 4D LIGHT BAR, BESTOP SUPERTOP, TRASHAROO , WET OKOLE SEAT COVERS. 4 RUNNER- 2014 TRAIL PREMIUM W/KDSS KINGS FRONT AND REAR DIRT KING BALL JOINT UCA METAL TECH LONG TRAVEL SPRINGS METAL TECH UPPER/LOWER LINKS SONORAN STEEL KDSS TRACK BAR URD EXHAUST URD Y PIPE URD MAF CALIBRATOR PEDAL COMMANDER PRINSU ROOF RACK RIGID ADAPT LIGHT BAR SCS SR8 17" GUNMETAL 285/70/17 FALKEN WILDPEAKS TRS FOG LIGHTS TRS HID KIT SS OFFROAD SLIMLINE WITH SIDE PROTECTION COASTAL REAR SWINGOUT HEFTY FAB SKIDS
    +1
    Best i wanna sell this hunk of metal speech ever:cheers:

Usethe2nd[OP] and Pigpen like this.
  11. Jun 2, 2016 at 12:31 PM
    Usethe2nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
  12. Jun 2, 2016 at 12:40 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    It's 3/4" thick? Man, that could really make the hand throttle setup slick. If mod the bracket so my cable "noodle" sits right in there next to the lower bolt. It would just take some time with a chainsaw file and a hacksaw to clear the appropriate material and som JB Weld to secure it in place. I'll take mine now, please.

DaveInDenver likes this.
  13. Jun 2, 2016 at 1:15 PM
    Usethe2nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
    Yep 3/4" thick. Pm incoming

14. Jun 2, 2016 at 1:32 PM
    nh_yota

nh_yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Portsmouth, NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC V6 TRD-OR 6-SPD
    2" Lift with HS coils/AAL and 5100s, TRD Exhaust, TRD Skid Plate, URD Short Shift, AT3s
    I can't stand the drive-by-wire throttle. I can never get it right where I want it when I shift because it has a mind of its own.

Canoehead likes this.
  15. Jun 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    PM'd you first. Ha!

16. Jun 2, 2016 at 2:10 PM
    Usethe2nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
    Well if its because of the gas pedal position...:p

17. Jun 2, 2016 at 2:16 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    @Wheelspinner I thought you'd appreciate what I'm doing here. This will create almost a straight line of pull. I'm drilling a hole in the pedal arm to run the wire through and it will terminate in a free floating stopper.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  18. Jun 2, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    Usethe2nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
    Thanks to @58 Siesta for being the first customer!

19. Jun 2, 2016 at 3:10 PM
    Wheelspinner

Wheelspinner Coco Customs

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    '13 4x4x4cyl
    Interestingggggg

20. Jun 2, 2016 at 3:38 PM
    Usethe2nd