1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GB Feeler - Pro Grille insert for 12-15

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Cativelense, May 13, 2016.

1. May 20, 2016 at 1:37 PM
    Cativelense

Cativelense [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    :drool:

Sexy A.F.!

:thumbsup:

Solid Seung[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. May 20, 2016 at 1:48 PM
    DC-USAF

DC-USAF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 Access Cab 4x4 V6
    TRD PRO Grill, mobtown offroad recovery bar, SCS Ray 10's
    I will have to install mine while my girlfriend is at work so she won't notice that I bought a new grill. She wasn't here when FedEx came so I should be in the clear.
    My girlfriend doesn't notice changes I make to my truck. I bought a used camper shell and she
    didn't even notice that I did it, I had to walk her back outside to show her. The funny part of that was the shell was Barcelona red and my truck is super white, a month later I took the shell off to have it painted and she didn't notice it missing, and then a week later when I had it reinstalled she didn't even notice it was back on.
    After I install my new grill I am going to see how long it takes her to notice the change, knowing my luck she will notice right off.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  3. May 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM
    Simple Man

Simple Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    Puget Sound
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Access Cab
    I researched where to get a color matched on, yes you have to buy the complete grille so kinda stupid since I'm putting the TRD one on. But it is what it is and I hate the chrome. Camelback Toyota has the best price I could find, other dealerships were cheaper but Camelback has free shipping. OTD was $191.59. Part number for the Silver Sky Metallic ID6 is 53100-04481-B2.

4. May 23, 2016 at 4:39 PM
    banditgt

banditgt Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Douglasville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Silver Tacoma TRD Off Road
  5. May 23, 2016 at 4:40 PM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Poser Pro Manual.
    Looks sweet but would look even sweeter Colormatched

6. May 23, 2016 at 4:43 PM
    banditgt

banditgt Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Douglasville, GA
    Vehicle:
    I haven't decided if I want to color match or not. I feel like the paint will get scratched and/or chipped a lot easier. Plus I'd rather spend the money on other functional upgrades...

ChadsPride likes this.
  7. May 23, 2016 at 6:44 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    How much of a bitch was it to pop off the stock insert from the surround?!

I've read some tips but haven't tried to do it again since my first failed attempt. Do share your experience, please!!!!

ChadsPride likes this.
  8. May 23, 2016 at 6:53 PM
    SoCal_Erik

SoCal_Erik Tiki Taka, Tika Taka

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 SR5 DCSB, ‘15 SR5 DCSB (sold), ‘16 4Runner SR5, ‘15 OR DCSB (sold), ‘05 SC (sold)
    Saweeeettttt! Please post a dead center picture. I have the same truck and want to see another angle :burnrubber:

ChadsPride likes this.
  9. May 23, 2016 at 7:20 PM
    banditgt

banditgt Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Douglasville, GA
    Vehicle:
    It wasn't terrible. I did break a tab on the grille surround when removing the grille from the truck though. I found a write up online somewhere with some tips and followed that but it wasn't clear on how to work the grill out. That's when I broke the tab. Basically just a couple screws and a few clips and you push the grille assembly out.

Getting the insert out is a bit more difficult. They way it's in is overkill. 12 Torx screws and a shit ton of tabs. Good luck

10. May 23, 2016 at 7:20 PM
    banditgt

banditgt Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Douglasville, GA
    Vehicle:
    Will try to get one tomorrow. Too dark right now

ChadsPride likes this.
  11. May 23, 2016 at 7:22 PM
    banditgt

banditgt Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Douglasville, GA
    Vehicle:
  12. May 23, 2016 at 8:13 PM
    DC-USAF

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    downloadfile-1.jpg downloadfile.jpg
    I just did this on Sunday. I used a small common screwdriver to pry the tabs away from the plastic post at first and when it didn't come loose I realized that there were more tabs in the center of the grill, just gently push the center tab in on those. The other problem You may have if it doesn't start to separate is the foam piece at the top of the surround. The heat from the engine and summer temps may have let the glue seep from the foam and the two pieces will stick together. One last thing to also remember is to remove the rubber seal from the top of your old grill and reinstall it on the new grill. TAKE YOUR TIME and DON'T force anything, you don't want to break too many of those tabs. When I did mine it took me about an hour from start to finish.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  13. May 23, 2016 at 8:20 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Thank you gents for the info!

14. May 23, 2016 at 8:22 PM
    DC-USAF

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    Your welcome, good luck with the removal and installation of your new grill.

Cativelense[OP] likes this.
  15. May 23, 2016 at 8:25 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! Have to do it one day while the wife is out snd about, for a while. I could try and do it at work on my lunch break, but don't want to get all dirty and sweaty and then have to go back in.

16. May 23, 2016 at 8:28 PM
    DC-USAF

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    Its been 2 days since my install and my girlfriend hasn't even noticed it yet. I didn't even hide the box it came in and she hasn't even seen it and that arrived this past Friday.

17. May 24, 2016 at 9:13 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    You know; right now she's posting this on a website about shoes: "I got these new expensive shoes last week and my boyfriend hasn't even noticed.":devil:

18. May 24, 2016 at 9:17 AM
    rcsteele

rcsteele Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    those tabs effing sucked...

ChadsPride likes this.
  19. May 24, 2016 at 9:18 AM
    rcsteele

rcsteele Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    really happy with how it came out tho!

IMG_2321.jpg

20. May 24, 2016 at 9:20 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes they do. Have to give it another crack, to try and install it when the wife is out and about and I have more time.

Looks sick! :drool::drool::drool:

ChadsPride and rcsteele[QUOTED] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top