1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GB: TRAC PERFORMANCE BOLT ON LED BAR BRACKETS AND 4D 50'' CURVE LED BAR

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by tacomonazul, May 8, 2015.

1. Jul 6, 2015 at 2:46 PM
    Sefferston

Sefferston I like Tacos.

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Germany
    Vehicle:
    ZOMG B-RED!
    I've got that one thing, and that other one thing, oh yeah and that other other one thing.
    All aimed up with no problem. Sealed up the bolts with some RTV and did the same as everyone with the harness.
    I'm thinking that's what happened, waiting for that first rain, but still thinking about putting it through a truck bath before then because she diiiirty.

2. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:04 PM
    Zollars

Zollars Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Suspension: 5100 Billstein Front Shocks Rear AAL 3" lift Engine Bay/Engine: Under-Hood LED lighting Hood QuickLift Elite Hood Struts - Redline Tuning Exterior Additions/Mods: Front Steel Skid plate Front Bumper Light Bar - NFab Bed Cap System: Steal Bedside and Tailgate Caps - KBVoodoo Fabrications 2x US Flag Vinyl Decals Under Mirrors - Far North By Design Exterior Lighting/Electrical: Retrofit Headlights - Ambiguous Fog Light Relay Mod (Fogs On With High Beams) - Thanks To Ostrichsak Depo Taillights 50" 4D Curved Trac Performance LED Light Bar - SLX Motorsports 4x Spot Fog Lights on NFab bar Full Exterior LED Bulb Swap - CSJumper LEDs Interior Additions/mods: CVRV Mirror Riser - BirdDawg Industries Pioneer 8100NEX Head unit Interior 6 Switch Panel - IggyCorp Interior Lighting/Electrical: Backlit 4x4 Switch Mod - RCBS204 Otrattw Switches On IggyCorp Panel For Accessories Dome Light on With Open Door Mod
    Mine Has Been Through Some Horrid Rain Storms Here In Florida, plus a power wash and drive through car wash, and I haven't had any issues so far

3. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:05 PM
    TXAggieTRD

TXAggieTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    TX
    Vehicle:
    '11 Pre-Runner V6 TX TRD Package
    I think its rained here in houston once since I've had it? But the condensation is there

4. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:10 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Suspension: 5100 Billstein Front Shocks Rear AAL 3" lift Engine Bay/Engine: Under-Hood LED lighting Hood QuickLift Elite Hood Struts - Redline Tuning Exterior Additions/Mods: Front Steel Skid plate Front Bumper Light Bar - NFab Bed Cap System: Steal Bedside and Tailgate Caps - KBVoodoo Fabrications 2x US Flag Vinyl Decals Under Mirrors - Far North By Design Exterior Lighting/Electrical: Retrofit Headlights - Ambiguous Fog Light Relay Mod (Fogs On With High Beams) - Thanks To Ostrichsak Depo Taillights 50" 4D Curved Trac Performance LED Light Bar - SLX Motorsports 4x Spot Fog Lights on NFab bar Full Exterior LED Bulb Swap - CSJumper LEDs Interior Additions/mods: CVRV Mirror Riser - BirdDawg Industries Pioneer 8100NEX Head unit Interior 6 Switch Panel - IggyCorp Interior Lighting/Electrical: Backlit 4x4 Switch Mod - RCBS204 Otrattw Switches On IggyCorp Panel For Accessories Dome Light on With Open Door Mod
    Sounds like you just got the one bad bar out of all of us man, that sucks, but hopefully the OP is taking care of you

5. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM
    TXAggieTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    TX
    Vehicle:
    yeah PMed me warranty stuff, just waiting on the bar

6. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:15 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Awesome, good to hear!

I FINALLY got mine all wired up the way I like last night. (Previously just had the wiring harness in looking like shit because I wanted to use the damn bar)

Did all my wiring for all my accessories to my switch panel under my radio, and had to fix the mess the previous owner created when he wired the lights on the NFAB bar.. Holy shit was that a mess...

Took me 7 hours to get everything done, I was also teaching a buddy wiring stuff, and have a blown out back, but even with that, 5 hours was just undoing the shit the previous owner did.

For example, he had four grounds coming off the NFAB bar, two of which ran all the way into the cab, and spliced into the radio head unit ground...

7. Jul 6, 2015 at 11:27 PM
    Redgrom

Redgrom http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    Lol that's some interesting wiring for sure!

8. Jul 7, 2015 at 6:16 PM
    tacomonazul

tacomonazul [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB LT/4LINK
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/227832-my-never-end-build.html
    Yeah looks like he got a bad one, first one to get condensation since I started selling LED bars and I've sold hundreds of them. LED bars we sell are IP67 waterproof certified so none should get this issue. Also I've been a TW member for years and have a really good reputation so I won't take your money and run. Hope everyone is enjoying their goodies and if you have any problem feel free to contact me. Ive been very busy and haven't been logging in to TW too often, for faster reply you can send me an email to SLXMOTORSPORTS@HOTMAIL.COM.

9. Jul 8, 2015 at 6:15 PM
    tacomonazul

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB LT/4LINK
    So member Nugget02 just got in the gb and payed, so we only got 3 spaces left for the special GB pricing

Updated:

THE LIST:
    1.-Sefferston +wiring kit -paid
    2.-PACKER4LIFE + wiring kit
    3.-stickolouscage +wiring kit -paid
    4.-Bullock13 -meeting
    5.-Zollars +wiring kit -paid
    6.-Baoser +wiring kit -paid
    7.-2015TRD4X4 +wiring kit -paid
    8.-fergyz +wiring kit -paid
    9.-TXAggieTRD +wiring kit -paid
    10.- cytocycle +wiring kit -paid
    11.- alopez910 +wiring kit -paid
    12.- Nugget02 +wiring kit -paid
    13.-
    14.-
    15.-

10. Jul 11, 2015 at 11:04 AM
    Navar

Navar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Corona CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Washed it, Icon suspension, Icon UCA
    Yes, there was an issue with quality and a defective item. You were quiet and no one heard anything from you. Maybe I over reacted but in the best interest of fellow members. There is opportunity here for you hope fully you see it.

I am still possibly interested in this buy. I posted a question on that earlier in the thread and never heard back.

I will edit the facebook comment as well.

11. Jul 11, 2015 at 11:08 AM
    Navar

Navar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Corona CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Washed it, Icon suspension, Icon UCA
    Keep us posted.

12. Jul 11, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    tacomonazul

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB LT/4LINK
    Still 3 spots available, quality of led bars is great also they come with a 2 year full replacement warranty. Details are in first post, for wiring I offer a harness that conects directly to the DT connector on the bars and comes with a relay and switch. You can run the cables down the windshield or into the cab from the roof.

The Issue has been attended and fixed, Andrew got a replacement LED bar and gets to keep the old one. At the time of the issue I wasn't able to be loging in at everytime thats why I responded to his message 5 days later. I dont think that meens I was quiet and no one heard from me. Happy your still interested in the GB, answered your questions on the top quote.

13. Jul 15, 2015 at 8:59 PM
    shaneckc

shaneckc Fyntünd Designs Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR Package DCLB 4x4
    Hey Luis, did you get my PM?

14. Jul 21, 2015 at 11:47 AM
    TXAggieTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    TX
    Vehicle:
    Got the new light bar in the mail last week free of charge. Will install after I silicone the edges. Great service with SLX and even though it took a while, he was understandably out of the country.

CaptainReverso and Zollars like this.
  15. Jul 30, 2015 at 9:24 AM
    oly kenji

oly kenji Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    2014 DCSB OME, Soon to be 35's Group Buy Builder
    Can someone post a pic of a top view of where you installed the brackets? Does it look clean?

16. Jul 30, 2015 at 9:32 AM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Here are the ones I have now. I just cut the black strip to fit perfectly around the mount.

17. Jul 30, 2015 at 9:59 AM
    stickolouscage

stickolouscage Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2005 Taco 4x4 TRD
    Here are a couple pics from the top. If you trim the top rack weather stripping for the brackets and silicone glue the power harness down the little channel on the windshield weather stripping, it's a clean install, in my opinion of course. This has been a great product so far, and great bang for the buck .

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

18. Dec 1, 2015 at 12:08 AM
    Tyson

Tyson $Mr.T$

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyson
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    15' TRD off road, dbl, 6spd, 4.0L
    All-Pro UCA Stage 4 Icon lift redline hood struts interior dome and map LED lights 2 spot led pods (ditch lights) flush mount rear back up flood pods hood and bed LED lights GPS anytime mod RTMR electrical system (relays fuses etc.) weather tech floor mats anytime fog lights bixenon headlights and fogs ABS off switch anytime rear e-locker 30" OSRAM light bar (in grill) ARB CKMTA12 compressor ARB front locker Rock sliders all-pro Apex coming later: Doug Thorley long tube headers Y pipe Exhaust
    can someone post how they ran the wiring from the light bar down or through the truck?

19. Dec 1, 2015 at 6:24 AM
    stickolouscage

stickolouscage Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2005 Taco 4x4 TRD
    Tyson,

As mentioned above, I ran the light bar wiring down the weather stripping channel on the driver's side of the windshield. I silicone glued the wiring in place. That was almost 5 months ago, and it has not shifted at all, and it doesn't stand out. Once you get the wire past the windshield, I ran the wiring under a plastic weather guard at the rear of the hood. Once you make it to the engine bay, there is a rubber grommet on the rear face of the engine bay on the drivers side (right below where your wiring harness should be feeding too). I used a stiff coat hanger and poked a hole in this grommet, while bending a hook on the opposite end of the hanger to pull the wiring through. You have to push through the rubber with a little force. The link below should provide more insight on this method. Once I was in the cabin, I used one of the spare button panels on the driver side left lower dash to install the switch. Hope this helps.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/running-power-wire-through-firewall.4740/

20. Dec 4, 2015 at 9:52 PM
    kwiklot

kwiklot RLTW

Member:
    dahlonega GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Hiw much for just the harness?

Products Discussed in

To Top