1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

General Grabber A/T 2's ?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by MedlinAround, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    MedlinAround

MedlinAround [OP] Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD off-road edition Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    I like the look of them and how they look aggressive. Anybody roll any of these or heard about them. Are they soft?

[​IMG]

2. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    mlittle

mlittle T O Y O T A

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Fort Sill, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x4
    I have these on my truck. I don't go off-roading, so I can't say how well they grip vs others. I have not had any issues with these in the snow or rain when I lived in PA and traveled to VA for training. For the price, you can't beat them. I don't recall the price difference between these and the BFG ATs, but I know it's quite a difference.

If I get a chance to hook up with some people in OK, I would like to try some trail riding, so I can truly test these tires.

3. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    2000yotaSS

2000yotaSS Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Conway AR
    Vehicle:
    silver trd sr5 4x4
    4in lift Fabtech, tinted windows, 33 General Grabber AT2
    I have them and am impressed, by far the best looking a/t tire out there. I have about 4000 on mine now and there smooth with little road noise. I've only gotten out once in some gravel river banks and they did good. Heres mine.

[​IMG]

4. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    MedlinAround

MedlinAround [OP] Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD off-road edition Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    They remind me of the BFG's and are around 40-50 dollars cheaper a tire.

5. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    udy2554

udy2554 NORTHERN RED-NECK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    I had them on a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and an F250. They were an excellent snow tire. The only place they weren't excellent was in deep, thick mud.

They are an awesome tire!!

6. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    I looked at them and my tire guy told me he had mounting issues with them on taco's on 2 occasions in the past. So he talked me into something diff. Still kinda wish I got them. They are supposed to be comparable to the BFG AT, which are also not supposed to be great in mud.

7. Jan 25, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    Rich1790

Rich1790 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD SPORT
    Rims, Tints, Weather Techs
    I have them on my taco, no problems with mounting. Reason I got them is because I have a prerunner and now Im stationed in NY. My truck would get stuck in the parking lot when it snowed with the stock tires :mad:. Haven't had a problem since I purchased these. Makes the truck look way better too.

8. Jan 25, 2011 at 7:53 PM
    Nightfury

Nightfury Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Factory running boards, Toyota (DeeZee built) toolbox, Code Alarm 5152 remote starter, Bronze TRD rims, more to come....
    I've run the General Grabber A/T's (pre-AT2) and BFG's. I ran them both through some pretty hairy stuff, from mud to gravel roads and logging trails. Both were equal on the road, but I noticed the BFG aired down better and gave me better traction off-road. Both were a load range C, same size tire, and I went to the same mud holes and 4-wheeler trails with both sets, so the conditions were pretty damn near equal.

Absolutely definitive answers across the board? Probably not. But good enough that I'll buy the BFGoodrich's before I get another set of General Grabbers.

9. Jan 25, 2011 at 10:41 PM
    bdd151

bdd151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit with Dakar Rear Springs, LR UCA's, AFE Catback, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover, Tacoma bed mat, Katzkin Leather interior, heated seats, Nfab nerf bars and light bar.
    I just bought some 285/75/16's and Im waiting for the wheels to get here. Everything I read stated they very good tire and best bang for the buck!

Products Discussed in

To Top