1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Geode's plumbing build

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by Geode, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Apr 30, 2018 at 9:34 AM
    Geode

Geode [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 4WD TRD
    The nightmare is fully intact, but have made good progress ;)
    I ran across this thread recently, can't believe I forgot about it, or maybe I can....
    I suffered a significant heart attack the day after my last post (June 30th 2013), on July 1st 2013 which required not the least of was emergency bypass surgery, also July 1st. That did slow me down a bit.
    Since then I've replaced all my plumbing, installed all the remaining columns and footings, bricked out my chimney, installed the first floor radiant heat system which has been working fine along with my fancy water heater. I can post up some pictures. Glad to see you are still online here, really appreciated the help and encouragement along the way!

Kolunatic likes this.
  2. Apr 30, 2018 at 10:20 AM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    Sorry to hear about your heart attack but glad to see you’re still around :amen:

Post pics when you can

3. May 1, 2018 at 7:50 AM
    cafereef

cafereef Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Sport Exahust, OEM roof Rack, Predator Pro side steps.
    Just read this for the first time, Great job on the effort!. I really appreciate the work you put in to do it right, looks awesome and very fulfilling I'm sure. My co-worker just had quadruple bypass surgery last week, his was at least planned. I cannot imagine emergency bypass....glad you came out of it well.

4. May 4, 2018 at 12:54 PM
    Geode

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 4WD TRD
    Thanks, it was quite the road to regain some health. I was very fortunate indeed, I didn't even know what bypass surgery was until after waking up from the surgery and they explained it to me...I hope your co-worker is doing okay, if he has any questions or concerns I could try to answer and there are some good forums online I can recommend. Walking regularly and not lifting anything or driving are key. Don't want to do anything to jeopardize the healing, including the sternum. It can take a really long time (> a year) to start feeling better.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  5. May 4, 2018 at 1:10 PM
    Geode

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 4WD TRD
    column1.jpg column2.jpg My wife and I started back up on this project in the spring of 2014, after a 9 month break where I focused on regaining my health post cabgx3.
    We were quite ambitious, the goal was to remove our ancient furnace, brick out the chimney which would allow us to remove and replace the last column/footing in our basement. Additionally we needed to fabricate and install our first floor radiant heat system before winter hit. I got the radiant heating system up and running just in time, and it has been running really well.
    We are also going to install radiant in the basement slab, hopefully by the end of 2018. In the background of the photo you can see the roughed in radiant manifold/heat exchanger setup.

Martyinco likes this.
  6. May 7, 2018 at 7:50 AM
    cafereef

cafereef Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Sport Exahust, OEM roof Rack, Predator Pro side steps.
    I know I cannot be alone in my thinking that structural engineering can really just be sexy to look at haha

Geode[OP] likes this.
  7. May 9, 2018 at 2:04 PM
    Geode

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 4WD TRD
    Nope!

8. Jun 18, 2019 at 6:46 PM
    Geode

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 4WD TRD
    Still plugging away on this project. We put in a sump pit along with perforated tile to handle any ground water etc. Then we carried in the gravel for the sub base and have just started compacting. Following the compacting we will put down a vapor barrier and 2" of insulation which has knobs built in so we can snap in our radiant tubing. Then we can finally start thinking about getting the concrete poured, hopefully sooner than later, just tough finding time. We installed all the green insulation to make all the cuts etc, then pulled it out for compacting.

IMG_20190614_142136.jpg
    IMG_20190223_155951.jpg

Kolunatic likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top