1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Get away with anything Taco?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 07TRDsport, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Sep 6, 2007 at 6:31 PM
    07TRDsport

07TRDsport [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    I was wondering how many of you guys have gotten away with things in your 2nd gen tacos?

Ive had numerous times where I could have been pulled and they just look the other ways even with my radiant red taco.

1: Following a red corvette down the highway going 85 in a 65 when we both passed a trooper off in the grass clocking people.

2: driving 10 over in my small city with a cop behind me

3: just going 75 in 65 but flying past everybody on that particular day and looking in the rear view mirror only to see a trooper right on my ass out of nowheres and i ease over to the slow lane and they drove right on by.

It just seems like police look at my truck and disreguard that im doing anything wrong and go after the imports or beat-up vehicles.

Lets hear your guys' stories!

2. Sep 6, 2007 at 6:54 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    we are invisible to johnny law

3. Sep 6, 2007 at 6:54 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    yeah...i've had quite a few instances i thought i was gonna get pulled but i didnt. if i were in my lowrider xtreme, i'd definately have

4. Sep 6, 2007 at 8:52 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    You cant blame them, they just stop and stare.

5. Sep 6, 2007 at 9:00 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I haven't had my Taco long enough to know if this is true or not, but I sure hope it works the same for me. My foot is heavy, and I could use a little less familiarity with the local cops. :D

6. Sep 7, 2007 at 4:00 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Geez - this happened to me this morning. Coming into work at 4:30 AM, and this 08' Volvo C40 goes blowing past me. I figure - cheap radar detector / deer finder. :devil:

So I pace him at 85 MPH (limit is 65 MPH). Next thing I know, he slows down and I pass him - only to find a Patrol on the other side of a barrier in a construction zone. I had to have been doing 30+ over the construction speed limit. Funny thing - a minute later the Volvo got pulled over, not me. :confused:

7. Sep 7, 2007 at 7:54 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i have had many instances where i was going 10+ over and not gotten pulled. However, i got plenty of tickets in the beamer but there were plenty of times where i would blow past a cop and not get a second look. I have always assumed that if you dont hit the brakes or slow down they dont pull you. My mentality is this... if they see you slam on hte brakes, then thats like admitting you were doing something wrong and were aware of it so they pull you. if you just keep on going you look more innocent. hitting the brakes is like admitting to a crime.

My buddy has a Valentine radar detector, and last trip to charleston i consistantly drove 95 to 100 mph. i did pass a few cops that must not have had their radar on but still didnt get pulled. needless to say i got REALLY bad milage that trip. It's a 3 hour trip and i had to fill up before i got there

Products Discussed in

To Top