1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting the Auto Insurance run around? Words of Wisdom Please.y

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by bigtaco06, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Nov 1, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    bigtaco06

bigtaco06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Floor mats, shorty antenna, brute force hybrid front bumper, ICON stage 3, method double standards, 285/75/16 KM2's, cool stickers
    So it is November 1st, on 10 Oct 13 I was involved in a minor head on colision with a young driver that claimed she was headed to work. There where no injuries but she gave my 3 month old truck a black eye. My insurance, USAA, was quick to start the process of handling my claim. The bill is 1200 dollars and USAA fronted me everything but my 500 dollar deductable. So since Im not at fault and the damage isnt hendering the operation of my vehicle I dont feel like I should come out of pocket for being hit. But it gets better! Her insurance company doesn't cover her using her car for work. So that means they may not cover her involvment in the accident so I still have a beat up truck and a $500 deductable only until My insurance company gets the money Via a collection agency. So WTF :mad:

Please provide me with some words of wisdom:(

Edit. Im on a tablet and I didn't mean to include the y in the title.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. Nov 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    "headed to work" isn't the same as "using her car for work" but :notsure:

Good luck getting your $$ from her

3. Nov 1, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Floor mats, shorty antenna, brute force hybrid front bumper, ICON stage 3, method double standards, 285/75/16 KM2's, cool stickers
    I know right I already made my statement to both insurance companies. :confused:

4. Nov 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    First off, I'm pissed the hell off over that extra "y" in the title. I mean WTH bro? :)

Anyhow, as stated above, IMO going to work vs. using it for work are VASTLY different things. I call bullshit on whoever is spewing that crap. I'd explain to them they can attempt to defend that in court if they continue to dick you around, I'd find some ambulance chasing lawyer who only charges upon recovery and go after them...actually I say that but more likely I'd just bend over and take it...

HOWEVER, what's up with your company (USAA) they should cover the cost and subregate. They should send one of their lawyers to deal with it. I'm thinking that's part of THEIR job.

It sucks man...it's hard to be made whole when dealing with insurance companies.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

ON EDIT: If she was using it for work I'm thinking as an agent for XXX (her employer) then her employer would need to cover it. Tell her you're going to contact her employer for payment???

5. Nov 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Y :anonymous:

6. Nov 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Damn that "Y" make it stop!

I got kicked off in the middle of my post...and you grabed it before I could delete the shit message! :)

7. Nov 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Will do I called her Insurance which by the way is farmers and he was able to fill me in. He said its going to be covered one way or another and assured me things are going to get worked out. I dont think USAA had enough info to try to explain to me the circumstances and made it sound like the other company wasnt going to do anything when in reality it should be taken care of in the next week.

8. Nov 1, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Ha no worries friend Tacoma World probs.

9. Nov 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Oh right on kinda sound like it's all gonna come out in the wash.

I'm not sure if it's TW or my iPhone 4S & living in a remote spot with not even 3G service!

Y

10. Nov 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    BRUIN8124

BRUIN8124 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD 4X4 OFF ROAD DCSB
    in my experience...

If an insurance company is giving me the run-around...

1) I tell them my neck is starting to hurt and I plan to see a doctor.

if that doent work...

2) I let my attourney give them a little courtesy call.

I know it's a bit scummy but you will be amazed how quick, courteous and efficient insurance companies become when you do this... It's your ride, her fault and you dont deserve to be dicked around.

Products Discussed in

To Top