1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting the Suspension TSB - Dealer says fronts too??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by xfactor, May 12, 2010.

1. May 12, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    xfactor

xfactor [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 BSP PreRunner Sport
    Trucks at the dealership now, they've agreed to do the Suspension TSB. He called today and said they need to do the front too? I have ToyoTech lift springs and Bilstein 5100's in the front already. He says according to the TSB he has to un-install my front lift and put new Toyota springs and shocks on the front along with the rear springs and shocks. Also wants me to bring the original shocks and spring to him so he can turn them in as replaced parts.

Anyone come across this? I'd rather him just do the rears and leave the frontend alone but he says he has to follow the procedure which includes installing:
    New rear leaf pack
    New rear shocks
    New front springs
    New front shocks
    Frontend alignment

I asked him if he could just do the rears and say he did the front to save him the work, he said "no it's all or nothing"

Sucks I'm gonna have to reinstall my front lift and get "another" frontend alignment.

2. May 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    blackwidow2009

blackwidow2009 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4X4 TRD w/ SR5
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you

BULLSHIT....DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH THE FRONT!!! It does not,...I repeat,...IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE DONE!!! They are scaming you to get more money from the manufacture!!!

Here is a link to a threat I started..if it does not work, just click on me and go to "threads I started" and look for it. In my thread I have the measurments that I took of ride high. on the second page, I have the updated high info. Also, for clarification...my Toyota dealership could not put my AAL back in the new pack, somthing about they did not have the tools to do it,...so they payed 4 WheelParts to put them back in!!! AND my front suspention was NOT touched, or even mentioned! I have a 2009!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/90146-tsb-rear-leaf-problems.html

Also...TELL HIM "NO"!!! If he said it's all or nothing, say "fine...it'll be nothing" and take it to another dealership. The TSB only is for the rear!!!!

3. May 12, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    toyotadude5

toyotadude5 Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Flagstaff, az
    Vehicle:
    2006 Subaru wrx sti (white)
    ya bullshit. tell them to leave the front alone

4. May 12, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    It states very clearly in the TSB that for the 2009's and 2010's, no shocks at all need to be replaced...even the rears. It's only the rear springs and alignment.

Products Discussed in

To Top