1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Giggidy... rear spring TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by joe812, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Nov 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    joe812

joe812 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    ARE LSII Cover w/ BedRug, CravenSpeed Shorty Antenna, Husky Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, OEM Tube Steps, Bilstein 5100 set @ 1.75 with rear leaf TSB.
    I've been itching to get the rear spring TSB done on my 2010 DC TRD Off Road but didn't have the energy to deal with the snake oil service reps at the dealership. At the suggestion of another thread, I called the Toyota Customer Experience line and explained that the ride is harsh and it feels like it is bottoming out when I have things in the bed of the truck. They asked if I brought it to the dealership and I told them the last time I was there it was 3 hours to change the oil and check a tire sensor; so, the short answer is (pleasantly) "no". He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said I was in luck that there is a service bulletin available and they would replace the rear leaf springs, etc, etc. Gave me a case # and said the dealership will call within 3 business days.

I was pleasant/easy-going to the guy on the phone. I just played dumb and never mentioned the term "TSB"; I guess because I didn't have to. If he came back with nothing I probably would have recited the TSB number and asked what he could do for me.

Now I just need to find the discount code for Downsouth Motorsports to order the 5100's... giggidy!

2. Nov 1, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Congrats. Here you go:
    [​IMG]

3. Nov 1, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    ^ LOL i got mine done.... Didn't take much effort to convince the guy to do it.. Do i get a cookie?

4. Nov 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    You get lots of cookies for getting yours done first!
    [​IMG]

5. Nov 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    SilverTacoZack

SilverTacoZack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Elgin, SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ trail teams
    No problems here either, although apparently another member here had gone to my same dealership about 4 months ago and they gave him hell. Guess he softened em up for me.

6. Nov 1, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    joe812

joe812 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    ARE LSII Cover w/ BedRug, CravenSpeed Shorty Antenna, Husky Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, OEM Tube Steps, Bilstein 5100 set @ 1.75 with rear leaf TSB.
    good stuff re: cookies. :)

7. Nov 1, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I know. Now I'm hungry.

Products Discussed in

To Top