1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Glass Mount Car Radio Antenna - Any Opinions?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by JPDTees, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Mar 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    JPDTees

JPDTees [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '06 - Access Cab - 4x4
    Hey all.

I tore off my antenna to the point where the entire unit needs to be replaced (too much damage to the inside threads of the mount). I was wondering if anyone has experience with a glass mounted car radio antenna? I have read countless threads about CB radios, but cannot find any about radio antennas.

I'd like to go this route to avoid it from happening again and a roof or back window mount is not possible due to a truck camper.

I'm also open to other options.

Thanks in advance!

Eric :cool:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 - 4cyl Manual - Aftermarket Head Unit

2. Mar 26, 2012 at 3:50 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    Had mine replaced with a universal mount power antenna. The stock radio actually had the pins for this to work properly. If I remember correctly my installer just put a multimeter to the pins until he found the right ones. Works like a champ. Radio on ......antennna up. CD,Sat, etc. antenna down.

3. Mar 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM
    sun

sun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner
    Pioneer avic-z130bt with axxess aswc and rear cam mod, audiovox 10 flip down monitor, Pyle pl76d headrest monitors, kicker cvr tens wired down to one ohm with hifonics Brutus 1200.1, Clazzio seat covers, 20% tint on front windows, polished factory exhaust, peragon retractable bed cover, pop n lock tailgate handle with dei actuators for automatic lock, viper 5901 alarm remote start with viper smart start, hid bixenon 4500k headlights with 4500k fog lights, led map license plate lights and dome lights
    I've installed a few an haven't been impressed by them but they are better than none

Products Discussed in

To Top