1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Glass mount CB Antenna

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by obxfishn, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Jan 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    obxfishn

obxfishn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Virginia
    2.5" ToyTec Lift, Smitty Built Nerf Bars, Scangauge unit,
    Does anyone use a glass mount CB Antenn? If so, does it work ok and which one do you have? I only use my CB on the interstate when traffic is backing up to find out what is going on ahead. I currently have the magnetic roof mount and it is scratching the hell out of my paint.

2. Jan 31, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    Jreaka13

Jreaka13 COLORADO!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma extended bed Sport
    Everything that i have done so starting first with the shell, westin sportsman front grill,PIAA fog lights, westin rear light guards, dee-zee side steps, Nice upgradred rims and tires, dvd player,12 inch sub, Halo headlights, K&n Cold air intake, bed mat......
    I have one on my tacoma and it works just fine... i still get great reception so when ever traffic backs up you can dind out whats happening!! I love my glass mount antenna

3. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    topcathr

topcathr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 limited
    I am a ham radio operator and i have a larsen on window antenna. I mounted it on the passenger rear window. The antenna gets excellent transmision and receive. I dont think larsen makes the same antenna for 27 mghtz but they are avail.

4. Feb 1, 2010 at 8:29 AM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    I am also a ham operator. I prefer to avoid through glass antennas like the plague. I've heard too many reports of SWRs climbing and blowing finals. There is a PL259 ON GLASS mount that i used for a while and worked ok. It uses a small coax that you still have to run inside the cab some how, but it does not carry the signal through the glass. The through glass antennas are very specific. they tend to be not good on tinted glass because of the metal content of the tint. They also provide very very very very poor ground planes.

Products Discussed in

To Top