1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

God bless my hitch bar! :)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Lunercrab, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Aug 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    Ok so I don't really drive my poor truck often so I have it parked infront on my house by my driveway on a one way street. My driveway and the neighbors driveway are connected so there is enough room for a car to park in the street blocking both (this is big problem on my street since I live more center city) anyways so there's this festival called musikfest going on and it's a few blocks away from where I live. So I always gotta deal with outta towers and morons for a week. I came home from work Friday night to find a suv blocking the driveways right in front of my truck. The lights were on and someone was sitting in it. I beep my corollas horn a couple of times but they don't move. I pull up alone side and there some kid in his twenties sitting there. Next thing I know so chick pops up from down below( gee wonder what she was doing). I tell him hey you blocking my driveway. I couldn't tell if the kid was stoned or drunk but he was very slow to respond. he apologizes and I back up so he can pull out. So I see his reverse lights go on but his cars not going back. It just keeps moving forward. Then BaNG right into my truck. I quickly write down his plate in case he decides to take off. He gets out and is like oh man the car wouldn't reverse. I'm like yeah I know and u hit my truck. I was pissed. So I run out to check the damage. Thankfully I forgot to remove my hitch bar from my last camping trip. I look and his bumper is like 1" away from mine. But my bar went into his bumper cover a good 3" or so causing a nice hole/dent. He's like oh man if it was my car I wouldn't care about the hole. I said what this isn't yours? And he's like no. This is the one night my mom told me hey why don't u take my car. Lol sux for him. All I gotta say is thank god for that hitch. It saved my baby from some decent bumper damage :)

2. Aug 7, 2011 at 10:46 PM
    drive.n.surf

drive.n.surf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCSB 4x4 OR
    Bilstein 5100's all around, front @1.75", rear AAL 1.5", TRD CAT-back exhaust, Pop n' Lock, Smittybilt nerfs, Toyota roof racks, Spyder LED tail lights, LED third brake light, Undercover Classic tonneau, color-matched grill, debadged and replaced with Sockmonkey decals
    Glad to hear you got no damage on your truck. I wouldn't feel too sorry for that kid. He wasn't smart enough to find a better place to um.. "hang out" with his girlie friend.

3. Aug 7, 2011 at 11:05 PM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Mine saved me in a fender bender accident too... a guy in a saturn couldn't stop in the rain due to his bald tiers, slid right into the back of my truck... well more so under it, only thing he made contact with was the hitch bar (I had an aftermarket one).

Products Discussed in

To Top