1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going down under for Christmas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by NamBam, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Dec 8, 2010 at 11:50 PM
    NamBam

NamBam [OP] Member

Member:
    Birmingham, Al
    Vehicle:
    2014 DBSC SSM Off-Road
    OME 887 on Bilistein 5100s. SPC UCA. Revtec Diff drop & OME Driveshaft spacer. AAL rears. SCS F5 16x8 w/ Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT285/75R16.
    Next week I'm going to be going to Melbourne, Australia to visit family for Christmas Break. The last time I was there was about 8 years ago before I started High School so I didn't do too much. But I'm going to be there for about three weeks and am wondering has anyone ever been there before. What are some good places to see or experience.

2. Dec 9, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I'm hoping the wife will go down this holiday season. ;)

Take lots of pictures of Hiluxs for us!

3. Dec 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Sounds like fun although not what I first thought when I read the thread title. :)

4. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    Mongrel

Mongrel Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    I'm from Wollongong, New South Wales - north of Melbourne. Melbourne is a pretty cool town. Be sure to check out the Great Ocean Road - one of the world's great drives. People in Melbourne are the biggest sports fans in Australia - not the kinds of sports you'll be used to as an American though. Seeing a cricket match at the MCG should be on your list of things to do.
    Torquay is a cool surf town to check out just south of Melbourne - if that's your kind of thing.
    Plenty of great food too - especially if you like Greek. Melbourne has the second largest Greek population in the world, behind Athens.

You'll have a ball.

5. Dec 9, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    NamBam

NamBam [OP] Member

Member:
    Birmingham, Al
    Vehicle:
    2014 DBSC SSM Off-Road
    OME 887 on Bilistein 5100s. SPC UCA. Revtec Diff drop & OME Driveshaft spacer. AAL rears. SCS F5 16x8 w/ Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT285/75R16.
    Yea I was searching for places to see online and saw the great ocean road looks amazing. I'm going to see if my family will want to take us there. And surfing would be awesome, bet it has much better form the the waves of the gulf of Mexico.

Products Discussed in

To Top