1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going into dealer for first time-can someone catch me up on what I need checked please?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by maver1ck, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Sep 13, 2016 at 6:42 AM
    maver1ck

maver1ck [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hey guys;
    I haven't been on this forum very long, and it's been awhile since I have been able to. Anyways, I bought a new 2016 sport in the end of last December and I have 5500 miles on it currently. I was planning on taking it into the dealership sometime in the next two weeks to have the tires rotated. I know they won't change the oil until it hits 10K or one year, but what else do I need to have them check. Again I haven't been on here in a while and the other day I jumped on here while I had some downtime at work I am seeing stuff about low ATF fluid from factory, some tsb update that should be done. I am kind of concerned now and am wondering if someone can catch me up on what I should have the dealer check when I go in there. Sorry in advance about my ignorance, just life has been busy. Appreciate any help.
    Thanks,
    Mav

2. Sep 13, 2016 at 7:01 AM
    viking15

viking15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Read the owners manual It has everything you need to do at a 5000 mile check up

George1441 likes this.
  3. Sep 13, 2016 at 7:05 AM
    Doomsday

Doomsday Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB MGM
    Lights, Tires, Wheels,...more to come!
    I think he means Owners Manual "TacomaWorld Edition".

PROseur and Tcoma16 like this.
  4. Sep 13, 2016 at 7:06 AM
    TacoRD16

TacoRD16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Fox 2.5 RR C/O Fox 2.0 RR Rear Dakar leaf Pack Headstong Brakeline Extension Bracket 16"Konig Countersteer wheels BFG's KO2 285/75r16 All-Pro UCA 1.25" All-Pro APEX Slidders Unided CB w/ Firestick II Lamin-X fog Lens 1" Diff Drop OME 1/2" CB Drip OME Mobtown 3/16" Skid plates: Front, Trans and Transfer case Relentless Hood Brackets AuxBeam Ditch Lights DBCustons Grill "Recolored" Matt Black Relentless High Lift Mount Softopper Diff Breather Mod Tail Gate Inserts HondoGarage Tablet Vent Mount Weather Tech Floor Liner
    If you haven't already been on here to check for an occurring issue I wouldn't sweat it. I would get the ATF level checked but sometimes they request an over night to get the temperature they need to properly test. Also note Toyota does not cross rotate tires even after I requested.

5. Sep 13, 2016 at 7:08 AM
    OhioTaco68

OhioTaco68 John 3:16

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    16' Tacoma SR5 4x4 access cab Silver Sky Metallic
    AVS in channel window deflectors Predator steps Tinted front windows De-badged all chrome emblems Matte black tailgate lettering Matte black door badges Silver door sill lettering Weathertech mud guards Tacoma bed mat Interior LED lighting Lamin-X yellow fogs Hyper yellow DRL LED 3rd brake light bulbs CLEARZ 3rd brake light lens LED back up lights Access LITERIDER tonneau cover Console cover w/Toyota logo Hondo radio knobs NeoSupreme seat covers TRD shift knob Toyota Dark Satin Alloy wheels Toyo Open Country AT3 tires Red glovebox lettering Red vent rings/ control knobs Husky all weather mats Toyota bed mat
    • Replace engine oil and oil filter
    • Rotate tires
    • Multi-point vehicle inspection
    • Inspect and adjust all fluid levels

6. Sep 13, 2016 at 7:17 AM
    bobrown14

bobrown14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    Gen 3
    bunch of stuff - Bro Pro style
    lube the driveline ... don't forget that and good luck with the oil change ... it's scheduled at 10K not 5k but IF you ask specifically they may do it.

7. Sep 26, 2016 at 5:14 AM
    maver1ck

maver1ck [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Thanks guys. Going in today for the tsb update and to have the ATF fluid level checked. Wish me luck I don't get the run around.

8. Sep 26, 2016 at 9:27 AM
    Riding Dirty

Riding Dirty Sinner; saved by grace

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Before: '16 TRD OR 4x4 AC QS//After: 17 T4R Pro 040
    PlastiDip
    Good luck. I had no problem getting them to manually check the ATF. It was 2 quarts low! It drives better since being topped off and TSB.

9. Sep 26, 2016 at 9:35 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2022 Off Road Premium 4Runner Lunar Rock
    As far as the Automatic Transmission Fluid, I was wondering if it has some thing to do with the tow package. With the automatic transmission you get an ATF cooler with the tow package, maybe they are not adding enough transfluid to fill this as well?

Products Discussed in

To Top