1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going to buy, what should I pay??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MattnBeckynLaci, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Apr 10, 2007 at 2:04 PM
    sisu15

sisu15 New Member

Member:
    Hey Mike,
    What dealer in the Chicago area did you go through? I am getting ready to buy the same vehicle later on this year (September) and debating which dealer I am going to hammer the hardest. I have three (3) in my area: Elmhurst, Lombard, & Continental. Heck, might as well throw Schaumburg into the mix - also.

Finally, how are you liking the ride quality of the Sports Pkg. on the Chicago area roads?

Thanks,

Steve.

2. Apr 10, 2007 at 6:20 PM
    TacoChef

TacoChef Well-Known Member

Member:
    I work for Toyota as a salesman. If your MSRP was close to 31,000 you made a very good deal. Congratulations! Those replies saying offer 2,000 less are not living in the real world. Toyota does not inflate their prices like domestic vehicles meaning their gross profit is less. A good way to buy is to tell the dealer you will pay 2% above invoice. They will show you the invoice. That means you get a great deal and the saleman/Toyota still get a small chunk.
    But of course there are still the "grinders" out there that make it a challenge.
    Enjoy your ride. Check out new posts "05 Mods". that is mine.

3. Apr 10, 2007 at 7:23 PM
    keynote22

keynote22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    You got a good price for the midwest. I shopped 3 states in cities like Chicago, Ft Wayne, Indianapolis, Lafayette, Cincinnati, just to name a few. Best price I could find:

4 door, 4x4, trd off road, tow package, short bed, trd cloth floor mats, silver $27,227

In addition to carsdirect.com quotes, costo and edmunds quotes, I went to 12 dealerships to get a better deal than $27,227 and got sent packing 11 times. No negotiating, just no and see ya later. I even had a friend who worked for one dealership and I am eligible for factory pricing. At the final dealership I upgraded to the JBL and asked for a skid plate and rubber floor mats to be thrown in. They sent me packing. An hour later I came back and asked them to reconsider so they threw in the rubber floor mats and I ended up with all of the above and the JBL for $27,620.

Based on my research the best anyone can do on that truck non JBL is $26500 and yet Cali guys claim they all paid that or less all day. Maybe in Cali but not in the midwest. $26500 would be invoice plus $250 for TDA plus $500 profit for the dealership. That leaves zero for the saleman, no Hold back, no other fees. It is unlikely a dealership will sell for that.

You got a good deal for Chicago. The best I could get up there non JBL was $27,900

4. Nov 4, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    lamented

lamented Active Member

Member:
    wondering if anyone else is 09 shopping. this is my first post, and first taco, coming to the other side form jeep. great forum.

Im waiting for the dealer to bring in the truck from another dealer, Manual's are hard to find in PA.

here is the skinny.

09 double cab taco 4x4 SL/sr5 package #2 /manual trans, 16 in wheels.

stickering around 28 with destination charge (no tax).

i have them at 25,075 before tax tags.

sound like a deal? or are they high?

thanks in advance!

5. Nov 5, 2008 at 4:24 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    That is really going to depend on the area that you are in. Here in Texas - you could get a better deal (like $23,000ish out the door). That is because the 4x4s aren't sold as much here as the PreRunners.

However, if you are in the Northern or mountainous regions of the country, you may be getting a pretty good deal.

Are they adding any extras on to this?

Products Discussed in

To Top