1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going to Cancun for my honeymoon!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Masada, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Nov 23, 2009 at 8:30 AM
    Masada

Masada [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    So I booked the hotel and plane last night on travelocity, but I was wondering if anyone on here has gone there before? I haven't and was looking for some advice. It's not till March, so I have time but I was wondering how people get to and from the hotel and airport? Anything to watch out for, not do?

We are staying at an All inclusive hotel called Riu Palace Los Americas.

Can't wait to be there, but still a little nervous...:eek:

2. Nov 23, 2009 at 8:34 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    dang that sounds awesome!!!! I have never been!!

Good deals?

3. Nov 23, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    My mom stayed there and they said it was awesome! You have everything you need there and it's really nice.

But if I was you, I wouldn't leave the resort for anything. Mexico is still not the safest place to be out and about, but Cancun is relatively secure compared to other places in mexico.

Also, check out Sandals.com. They're having 55%-65% off on their packages. My girlfriend and I went to the sandals resort in Jamaica for like 2500$ total for 4 night and 5 days, including our plane tickets. We had a blast and it's all inclusive and there's no kids running around to bother you, as it's a couple ONLY resort.

4. Nov 23, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    blake1012

blake1012 Go Braves!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    8000k HID's, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners, Rhino Lined bed, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart wheels, bull bar, step rails, Redline Tuning hood struts, low profile tool box
    We went last September to Cozumel on a cruise. We enjoyed it, the beaches are beautiful down there.

Have fun!

Oh yeah, they will annoy the crap out of you for U.S currency. Every store we walked by, the people would follow you down the street, almost begging you to come in and buy some of there useless crap.

5. Nov 23, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    Its_Taco_Time

Its_Taco_Time Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    CST spindles, Magnaflow, TRD intake
    expedia.com has pretty good reviews of all the hotels in cancun if that is what you are looking for.

You will have a great time there!

6. Nov 23, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I've been to Cozumel and done the all inclusive resorts thing. If you find a good resort- You won't want to leave the whole time...and I agree with it being a good idea to stay in the resort or with tourist type planned tours.

You'll have a blast man!!

7. Nov 23, 2009 at 8:42 AM
    DOERanger

DOERanger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport SB
    No Mudflaps, Fog lights on all the time, Map light/Dome light mod, Door sill protectors, In-channel window guards, Re-badged and sock-monkeyed,many more to come.
    Cancun is the party place compared to Cozumel. Be prepared for drunken groups everywhere. If you're trying to avoid that, stick to the beaches and souvenir shops. The popular clubs are Big Daddy's, Senor Frog's, and Coca-cabana just to mention a few.

8. Nov 23, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    Masada

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Ya we are not club people or drinkers so we won't have to worry about that. $2700 for 5 nights and 6 days and that includes a para sailing trip and intro into SCUBA...

9. Nov 23, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    The wife and I went to Playa Del Carmen last April. (40 miles south of Cancun). We had a great time, and sure you will too. Oh and use lots of Purell (hand sanatizer stuff). They had it all over the place when I was there.
    BTW Congrats on gettin hitched!

10. Nov 23, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    Have a passport, line up airport transportation beforehand, pretty much stay at the resort. If you want to go into a few bars or eating places that is cool, but don't for any reason go to the marketplace. All they are looking to do is scam you and take your money. It is all junk in there...

11. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    Masada

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Ya I'm getting my passport this week and the fiance hers soon too, I'm having trouble finding a means of transportation from the airport to hotel. Can you recommend anything? I was just thinking about taking a taxi.

12. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors

We always use a shuttle service, thats so we dont hafta deal with Boston traffic.

13. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I've been there twice. It's a great place. Safe and secure (by Mexico's standards). Your hotel is probably on the main strip. Everything is right there if you want it. There are tons of restaurants (in and out of hotels) and a previous poster mentioned some of the more popular clubs.

Other things to consider:
    -Great golf courses (I played Pok ta Pok). They have rental clubs
    -The downtown market is a great place for deals but it's kinda shady. Stay alert.
    -Your hotel prob offers tours of ruins, horseback riding, etc. Many of these fill fast and you can frequently book them in advance. Something to ask about.
    -Shuttle buses will take you 95% of anywhere you need to go. Cabs will take care of the rest.
    -Drink BOTTLED water

Have fun and party like a rock star!

14. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:36 AM
    Masada

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks I plan on having a great time, we mainly will stay on the beach and in the room (newlyweds by that time WOOHOOO!) but I'm not too into clubbing or the party thing so the beach sounds nice!

15. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    BlissTaco

BlissTaco 2022 TRD Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Kings, Method 701, Toyo AT3 285/70R17, interior/license LED's, tonneau cover, Subaru tweeters
    My wife and I honeymooned in Cancun at Le Blanc. We liked that it was adult only. Had a great time. Tripadvisor usually has good insight. Have fun!

16. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    I was in Cancun in October.......man you will not want to come back!

I have pics in the travel section....

All inclusive should be a way of life!

17. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:58 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    Oh by the way, I forgot to say on my first post, congratulations!

One of my trips to Cancun was my honeymoon. We stayed at the Moon Palace (off the strip). Very elegant, all inclusive, and adults only (Topless ok at pools and beach).

Speaking of all inclusive...I highly recommend it.

18. Nov 23, 2009 at 10:04 AM
    stroM-

stroM- @alteregoadventure

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 4X4 TRD OR
    Dude youll love the RIU's. I took my girl to the one down in cabo. All inclusive, tons of activities, and a pretty sweet night life. Take it that this was the one in cabo but i hear cancun's downtown night life is pretty sweet if nothings going on at the resort. Your going to have a ton of fun! Congrats!

19. Nov 23, 2009 at 11:01 AM
    Masada

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the ideas so far guy, I didn't realize we had such a divers set of world travelers here...to me laying out on the beach eating good food and being with my new wife will be the BOMB! I can't wait...she is going crazy with the wedding planning and what not. So far I think we will be pretty safe while down there, even though it's around the spring break time I don't think it will be as packed with the economy the way it is. I just hope there isn't too much nudity, my wife will not like that at all and I don't want her to be uncomfortable.

20. Nov 23, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I'm subscribing, my daughter is there now on her honeymoon. I'll post again when she get's back and I've had a chance to talk to her. March will be here before you know it! Congrats and good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top