1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

going to PINS July 22,23,24

Discussion in 'Texas' started by tex, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Jul 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    tex

tex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    I have changed my plans a little and it looks like a buddy and I are going to head down to PINS on July 22-24. Nothing specific but camp, fish and relax.

If anyone is interested let me know.

2. Jul 26, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    Did you guys make it down? Any pics and or LIES?:D

3. Jul 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    tex

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    We made it down. We came back a day early but we left Wednesday night and stayed near Goliad so we were much closer on Thursday morning.

The sand was easy to drive in and only needed 4wd on the way back for a few miles.
    The fishing was no good. The surf was brutal and there was soooo much sea weed it made fishing near impossible. We did manage to catch a pretty good amount of bait in the throw net.
    Got a little sunburn and dehydrated so the first night was a little uncomfortable for me.
    I am excited about going back in September and hoping the fishing is a little different.

4. Jul 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    That weed makes it real hard to fish. I've been down before and just said screw it, I'm going to relax. A lot of my friends say that you need to enjoy the beach before you can enjoy the fishing. I think I look forward to the beach, sounds, and smells more than the fishing here these last few times I've been down. Just to be down and away from everybody is awesome. Not sure if I could get down again in September but I do plan on another trip this year. Keep me in mind maybe we can make a trip happen. And also, remember baby powder, rub that all over you before you hit the rack. The sand falls right off of you so your not carrying it into your sleeping bag or bed. Some pics would still be nice if you have any.;)

5. Jul 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    tex

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    I have a few pics but I have only got them on my external hard drive. I need to upload them to photobucket so I can post them.
    Thanks for the tip about baby powder. I also noticed a few people had a bucket of water out side of the tent to dip their feet into so that will be something I try next time.

Products Discussed in

To Top