1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going with XM and not Sirius

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by JGUT, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Mar 19, 2010 at 11:41 PM
    JGUT

JGUT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road Package
    2 Kicker 8" SL5, Kicker 750.1 mono amp, Kicker 200.4 amp, Kicker 6x9's front, Kicker 6.5's Rear, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, Rear view camera
    Well I was a former customer of Sirius but when I bought my Toyota my receiver no longer worked with the new set up. So I called Sirius to cancel and to retain my subscription they sent me a refurbished unit. Well I wasn't too excited since I like controlling it through the actual deck. Anways, after about a couple of months the unit crapped out. I called back and they told me I'd have to buy a new unit. I said forget it I'll cancel.

Well now its been about 2 years and they are enticing me to come back by offering me first 5 months for only $20. What a deal right? Well not really because guess what? It's only good for the old ESN. I tried explaining this to customer service rep and she said if I get a new unit it's just regular subscription price and no special offer.

So anyways I've decided to go with XM basically because the receiver is on sale at best buy this week for only $49. I'm not interested in Howard Stern or Martha Stewart so I'm just going to get the Mostly Music package for $9.99 a month. Hopefully I'm making a good decision.

2. Mar 20, 2010 at 6:35 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    You know they are the same company now.... right? :cool:

They merged some time ago and most of the programing is the same on both XM and Sirius.

3. Mar 21, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    JGUT

JGUT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road Package
    2 Kicker 8" SL5, Kicker 750.1 mono amp, Kicker 200.4 amp, Kicker 6x9's front, Kicker 6.5's Rear, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, Rear view camera
    Yes I know they merged but they are still being run as different companies. I called XM and I told them if they would match the offer of 5 months for $20. Lady rep was helpful and told me yes. I'm a happy customer regardless of whether it's branded XM or Sirius.

I will post some pics up of my install

4. Mar 22, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    That's cool.

5. Mar 22, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    phd12volt

phd12volt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    So-Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Manual 2wd Access Cab 5-Lugger
    Homelink Mirror Autopage Alarm/Remote Start/C3 Tracking Alpine w505 w/P1 Nav
    sat radio is dying a slow painful death. They will be gone soon. Even Pioneer has a disclaimer in their radio manuals that says if they just stop broadcasting sat. they are not responsible.

Products Discussed in

To Top