1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good idea to take my truck to a mechanic other than dealer for maintenance?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 808Raider, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Dec 13, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    808Raider

808Raider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawai'i
    Wondering if anyone takes their taco under warranty for routine maintenance to someone besides the dealer for the oil change, 30k, 60k service etc.? I only have 9k on my truck right now and don't have the time or skills to do the maintenance on my own, i do know a very reliable mechanic that I take my other car and have taken my old truck in the past, who would also be substantially cheaper than the stealership. I'm sure with the owners manual they would know what to do or check. and i don't think it would void the warranty as long as i documented everything and kept receipts right?

2. Dec 13, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    You don't have to take the truck to the dealer for maintenance regardless of being under warrantee or not.

If you have a 'trusted & reliable' mechanic - take it to them instead. Just keep all your receipts and make sure the maintenance is getting done (because your mechanic isn't gonna remind you)

Products Discussed in

To Top