1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good Lift Kit

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 01TacoTRD, May 20, 2008.

1. May 20, 2008 at 3:59 PM
    01TacoTRD

01TacoTRD [OP] Carolina Alliance: Quack Addict

Member:
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma TRD 5 spd. 3.4 ltr white
    I'm trying to find good a good lift kit for my 2001 tacoma. I'm trying to find either a 2 or 2.5" inexpensive body lift for it and later on i'll lift the suspension a little. Anyone know of some good lift kits?

2. May 20, 2008 at 11:22 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Why not just get the suspension lift now instead of the body lift? If you're gonna lift it, do it right the first time instead of wasting your money. IMO, body lifts suck... shows too much of the frame and if you lift it too much you'll need to get a whole host of things extended.

3. May 21, 2008 at 6:35 AM
    offroadTRD

offroadTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dinwiddie County, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma V6 SR5 4x4 TRD- Fabtech
    Fabtech 3" adjustable coil-over system, Alcan 8-leaf spring pack, Fabtech 3" body lift.
    I have a 2000 TRD 4x4 with a Fabtech 3" body lift and a Fabtech 3" adjustable coil-over system with 2" add-a-leafs in the rear. Personally a body lift DOES show more frame, but, it makes it easier to work on your truck and it does not affect the geometry of your angles in your front end. A suspension lift WILL affect the geometry putting more stress on your a-arms, axle shafts, and especially your ball joints and cv joints. I put 33x12.50 Buckshot mudders on it with 15x10 American Racing type-23 rims. Look at my photos and you'll see it. Body lift was only $240 from National Wheel and Tire. Suspension lift was only $620 including add-a-leafs. Wheels and tires were I think about $1100. Just my input. Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top