1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

good scope for a survival rifle. 10/22 takedown model.

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by meeestirg, May 5, 2012.

1. May 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    meeestirg

meeestirg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    whats a good scope for the 10/22 takedown model? i would like to use a QD scope mount which i already found. i want to spend less than $150

thanks!

2. May 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC SR5
    WeatherTech liners, Kenwood Media Receiver, Alpine S 6x9 speakers, Sound Ordnance 8" Sub, OEM running boards, MK6 wheels, Dynapro ATs, Tint, Bed Mat, Avid light bar, KC Daylighters
    Considering the fact that you're probably looking for compact dimensions and clear glass without an insane amount of magnification, I can recommend the Sightron S1. Would be a great scope to sight in at 50 yds and forget about.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/14...-scope-3-9x-32mm-fine-crosshair-reticle-matte

There are a TON of options out there though, and $150 won't buy a top of the line scope, so you might want to list your priorities. Do you want max glass quality, or easy adjustment (turrets) or a specific magnification, or the lightest scope possible? Just some thoughts.

3. May 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    meeestirg

Member:
    yeah, i know, i'm not expecting top of the line. it's only a 22lr. i am looking for something sort of compact that can reach up to 100 yards. thanks

4. May 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC SR5
    WeatherTech liners, Kenwood Media Receiver, Alpine S 6x9 speakers, Sound Ordnance 8" Sub, OEM running boards, MK6 wheels, Dynapro ATs, Tint, Bed Mat, Avid light bar, KC Daylighters
    Well, then I still vote the Sightron.

This fixed 4x would be a good choice too. For a takedown scope, it would be nice and compact. Plus fixed power = more durability, since there are fewer lenses to go through and fewer thins to break. Weaver glass is good too.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/36...fire-rifle-scope-4x-28mm-dual-x-reticle-matte

If you want to go cheap for a while, the Simmons 22 Mag line is OK for the $40 they cost. This one gets you an AO and turrets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/26...le-objective-truplex-reticle-matte-with-rings

5. May 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    meeestirg

Member:
    thanks! you've been a big help.

6. May 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    Alderleet

Alderleet Ace of Spades

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Salty Hell