1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good shop for alignment in NoVa.

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by FrankNasti, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Jan 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    FrankNasti

FrankNasti [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Anywhere the Army tells my wife to go.
    Vehicle:
    Subaru Forester
    The toddler and baby seat mod.
    After I installed a set of coil spacers to level out my truck, I took it down to the pros at NTB for the alignment because I had their warranty after getting new tires. They "couldn't" align the front end at a couple of different shops because of the lift. The truck pulls to the left and I think the camber is off. Does anyone know of a good shop to get this fixed at a decent price? Sorry if this has already been answered, but the search option doesn't work on my iPhone.

Thanks, Frank.

2. Jan 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    KiltedRonin

KiltedRonin Poor Impulse Control

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronin
    Silver Spring, MD.
    Vehicle:
    2011 access cab, MGM, leer 180.
    Advance automotive in chantilly VA.

4007 Westfax Drive Chantilly, VA 20151
    (703) 802-0688

the only shop I let work on my vehicles for anything I am not willing or able to do at home.
    If your lift is too much and you are still running stock upper control arms, you may need new uppers to get your alignment into the correct specs of 0º camber, 0º toe, and 2.5º-3º caster.

3. Jan 6, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    FrankNasti

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicle:
    Subaru Forester
    Thanks Ronin. It shouldn't be too much lift, its only a 1" spacer. I thought you could have 3" of lift before you needed to change UCAs.

4. Jan 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Most of the time, you have to tell the tech what needs to be done. So, any shop may say they can't do it. What you have to tell thhem is to get the Camber to 0*, this is a must. If they can, get the caster as close to 3* as possible, but the camber must stay at 0*, and they may have to sacrifice the caster being out of spec to achieve 0* camber, this is fine. Then finally of course the toe must be 0*. Also let them know to torque the lower control arm bolts n nuts to 100ftlbs, or you'll hear a popping noise.

So take it back to NTB
    Camber to 0*
    Caster as close to 3*, but may need to be sacrificed to achieve Camber
    Toe to 0*
    and LCA bolts to 100ftlbs
    Good luck

5. Jan 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    FrankNasti

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicle:
    Subaru Forester
    Thanks Texoma. I'll see about it when I get back to VA.

Products Discussed in

To Top