1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

goodbye 97, so hello 2012!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Omar, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Jan 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    Omar

Omar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Access Cab
    Looks like I'm getting the frame rust buy out for my 97, like I talked about in another post:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/196612-found-rust-my-97-a.html
    So I'm thinking of picking up a 2012 Tacoma to take it's place. I was tossing around the idea of a Tundra, but those things are giant! And probably too much for what I need anyway. It'll be my daily driver, for going to work and getting motorcycles to the track on days off, so better milage and a lower bed are more important then the exra room inside.
    Definately going with Access Cab, V6, 4x4, Manual trans, towing package, and contemplating the idea of the TRD Sport.
    The SR5 and TRD OffRoad are out, don't like the chrome and I don't really off road - not on purpose anyway :eek:
    The thing I'm still debating is the TRD Sport, yeah the extra stuff is nice and pretty, but most of what I really want I can get with the convenience package.
    But is the suspension really that much better?
    And the wheels are killing me! They Sport wheels are nice, but not what I would have picked given the choice, I'm just thinking that if I get the convenience package I can use the money I save to pick out whatever wheels I want and have change left over. Where as if I buy the Sport, I'm keeping those wheels on it. Maybe I can have them painted black, or like a dark gray? hmmmmm that would make me like them more
    But like I said the other stuff is nice to have, and I do keep vehicles forever, so I don't want to feel sorry later. Ok I think I talked myself into the Sport!

Now to pick a color, I'm thinking Pyrite Mica but seems to be a rare one to find, and I know last year you couldn't get it on an 4x4 TRD Sport. Maybe the Gray would be my second choice.

I don't know...... wish me luck in making up my mind!

2. Jan 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    i just got a '12 sport, ..the suspension seems pretty firm over bumps in the road, ..which i like..

3. Jan 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM
    Tepidy

Tepidy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma 4x4
    Toytec Coil Overs 3.00" DSM UCA's (Desert Products) TSB 4 Leaf w/AAL by Pro Comp Bilstein 5100 rear 1"ToyTec SwayBar Drops 1" diff drop Detroit Trutrac Rear Diff Nitro 4.56 Gears Doug Thornley Header MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust Custom Built Rear Plate Bumper Custom Built Front Plate Bumper 4X Innovations Rock Sliders ATO Front Skid BAMF Rear Diff Skid Uniden 510XL Pro CB Raceline Renegades BF Goodrich Mud Terrains KM2's 265x75x16 WeatherTechs Rear Diff breather Relocate Intake Resonator Removed Yellow Wire Mod
    if your planning on modding the truck and especially if you thinking different wheels I would not spend the extra cash on the sport. JMHO

4. Jan 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    The seats in the Sport are a lot nicer though.

5. Jan 5, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    Rosesplus

Rosesplus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Get the convenience package, save the $$ and mod the rest.

Products Discussed in

To Top