1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Goodyear ATs versus MTs

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by stump jumper, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Sep 29, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    stump jumper

stump jumper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 4x4 CM TSS
    I thought that my tire choices were settled until Discount called me this morning. I am going to get to test drive a set of Wrangler MTs for a week both on-road and off. They put the wrong tires on last night. I had never seen the Duramax ATs in person and the tires they installed looked a little agressive but it was late. They told me to come back at my convenience if I want the ATs. The tires sing a little but the ride is fine. The question I have is will the MTs ahve the same tread life and will they do as well on wet roads? If I had a 4x4 the decision would be a no-brainer especially since the MTs are probably $30 more / tire. The kevlar belts has me thinking about keeping them along with the fact that I do have limited slip and an electronic locker.

I run some pretty rugged country in central Tx so I thought the kevlar might be good.

2. Sep 29, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    Toy Yoda

Toy Yoda gotta make sure Youtube comes down to tape this

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB
    OME, ARB, Warn, Snugtop XV
    well most muds don't last as long as an AT because of the less rubber to road ratio, basically the "longer" tread on a MT just wears down faster because theres a smaller amount of rubber hitting the ground on every revolution, thats how i see it, someone correct me if thats BS

Products Discussed in

To Top