1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by skistoy, Feb 11, 2010.

1. mo13

mo13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    fleming island,FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR
    Icon RR extended length coilovers with cdc,Icon RR 2.0 custom length shocks, Icon tube UCA,all pro standard leaf pack,allpro u bolt flip kit,extended front and rear steel braided brake lines,CMC,super bumps, color matched mirror covers, relentless fab front bumper, smittybilt 8k winch with syn line, viking thimble and hawse fairlead, d2s retro fits, 20" led bar on bamf bracket, 4 rigid duallys, skygear fuse box, viper remote start, and a very shotty made satoshi raptor mesh grill made by myself haha
    what size duratracs would yall recommend for a 17x9 with 5" of backspacing and 0mm offset with roughly a 2.5" lift from a icon stage 4 lift?

2. maxamillion2345

maxamillion2345 Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    Ferd Fteenthousand 6.4
    Tuner.
    Looks like powder river pass right? Great drive!

3. halfway72

halfway72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT LB
    WEATHERTECH Floor Mats Bug Deflector Rain Guards, Access Low Profile Tonneou Cover
    Yessir!

4. Large

Large Red

Member:
    265/70/17, unless you can get a pair of .5" wheel spacers, you could run 285/70/17 with minor trimming

5. halfway72

halfway72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT LB
    WEATHERTECH Floor Mats Bug Deflector Rain Guards, Access Low Profile Tonneou Cover
    I have the 265/70/17 on my stock height Tacoma TRD Sport. They fit great no rubbing or anything. The only problem I've had was driving through Nebraska when Walda was rolling through. I picked up a lot of slush that froze and the tires didn't want to turn. Just had to pursued the ice to leave with a crowbar and hammer. Worked like a charm afterwards.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366737176.235973.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366737238.742407.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366737261.750294.jpg

6. Large

Large Red

Member:
    If you are implying to run bigger tires with 5" BS, you will hit the UCAs with the tires, hence why I said .5" wheel spacers.

7. mo13

mo13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    fleming island,FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR
    Icon RR extended length coilovers with cdc,Icon RR 2.0 custom length shocks, Icon tube UCA,all pro standard leaf pack,allpro u bolt flip kit,extended front and rear steel braided brake lines,CMC,super bumps, color matched mirror covers, relentless fab front bumper, smittybilt 8k winch with syn line, viking thimble and hawse fairlead, d2s retro fits, 20" led bar on bamf bracket, 4 rigid duallys, skygear fuse box, viper remote start, and a very shotty made satoshi raptor mesh grill made by myself haha
    Alright so what I've got is that I can run 265/70/17 no problem but if I was to bump up to the 285/70/17 I would need a .5" spacer so that I don't hit the upper control arm and I'd need to trim. Is that right or can I run the 285's with no spacer and still have to trim also if I did run the .5 spacer would t the tire stick out of the wheel well? Appreciate the help guys

8. snowsk8air2

snowsk8air2 how hard can it be?

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Camarillo, CA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro w/ TRD supercharger
    trd cat back exhaust, trd beadlock rims, trd supercharger, bilstein 5100 adjustable coil overs, all pro standard leaf pack with bilstein 5100 shocks, jamoshi grille, 7" HID's, light bar, 285/75/16 duratracs, allpro uca's, custom sliders, custom front and rear bumper, 2" wheel spacers, fender flares, wheelers bumps, tc spindle gussets, extended rear brake lines
    with, the 5" bs wheel, I would assume you would need to run wheel spacers of at least .5" to run the 285's. but you will need to trim with the 285's, not with the 265's

9. bullaculla

bullaculla IKA fabrications

Member:
    Honolulu HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB Tacoma 4X4 TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 IFP extended travel coilovers, Fox 2.0 extended travel FJC rear piggyback shock, Icon 3 leaf progressive mini AAL pack, Total Chaos UCAs, konig countersteer wheels and 265/75/16 duratrac tires.
    I finally got them! I love these tires! I also got the 36 month road hazard protection with them since it was only $28 each tire.
    265/75/16 duratracs load C mounted on Konig Countersteer graphite wheels :cool:
    [​IMG]
    An inch doesn't sound like much, but it makes a noticeable difference for sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Trowbocop

Trowbocop Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5
    Volant Cold Air Intake, 3" JBA Catback Exhaust, JBA Headers, rock sliders, Kobalt toolbox, bedlined rocker panels, derped grill, rims and emblems, custom rear bumper, OME Nitrocharger Sport Suspension 881s & Dakars +aal, 265-75-16 duratracs, Herculined bed, sleeping platform, protop 100 shell, weathertech digital cut floormats, cb & external speaker, dumped exhaust after axle, sleeping platform/ 4.5" memory foam mattress
    Those look great! Same ones I've got, you're going to love them

11. HB Taco

HB Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD OR 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Sweet Truck Bruddah! Duratracs rock.

12. bullaculla

bullaculla IKA fabrications

Member:
    Honolulu HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB Tacoma 4X4 TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 IFP extended travel coilovers, Fox 2.0 extended travel FJC rear piggyback shock, Icon 3 leaf progressive mini AAL pack, Total Chaos UCAs, konig countersteer wheels and 265/75/16 duratrac tires.
    Thanks guys. I get a very light rub at full lock on the little hump on the front mud flaps.
    Glad I didn't jump right into 285s!

13. NorCalTRD

NorCalTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 Indigo Ink DCLB TRD Sport V6
    40% Front Tint, Viper 5704 Alarm, Steel Cable Dog Tie, Super Sexy Driver Mod
    Cut that little hump off :)

14. Maximus

Maximus Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    San Francisco-Marin
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    AFE filter, Magnaflow muffler, Icon Stage 1 with Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Demello Sliders, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skids, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, A lot of Plastidip, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Firestik Antenna
    I just used a sharp box cutter and trimmed some of it back; now no rubbing.

15. Strykerbase

Strykerbase Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Blairsville, Ga
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    2" front spacers 2" rear
    I got some 265 75 16 in Feb and ran them home 60 miles to get home through 5" of unplowed snow in the N GA mountains with no problems at all. Great traction even throught the steep grades. 3000 miles later, they are still quiet (for an aggressive AT) and balanced out great. So far, I would buy a 2nd set if I get some mileage out of them.

16. NorCalTRD

NorCalTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 Indigo Ink DCLB TRD Sport V6
    40% Front Tint, Viper 5704 Alarm, Steel Cable Dog Tie, Super Sexy Driver Mod
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Giggity.

These tires are awesome!
    They are not loud AT ALL, I went from worn stock dunlops to this and I can just BARELY hear them hum.
    They look sick, and I got quite a bit of functional lift (about an inch) from their deep aggressive tread.

265/70/17 Load Range C
    $962 Out the door

P.s. Before $60 Mail in rebate! ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  17. redmarble

redmarble Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal.
    Vehicle:
    05 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
    Here's my 05 Tacoma PreRunner OffRoad edition with new Goodyear Duratracs on Mickey Thompson Classic III (3) rims. I had stock BFGoodrich Rugged Trail tires on Toyota stock alloy rims.

I did not want to lift my truck, so I went with the recommended max size of 265/75 R16 tires. They did rub quite a bit, so, I ended removing the mud guards. They still rub... so, will be using my Dremel when I have time to shave a bit of the inner wheel well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX/ Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5
    2007: Avid sliders, 30% front tint, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, blisten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scanguage, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload
    I don't recall my 265/75s looking that stuffed on stock suspension! Almost makes them look like 285s. Looks good though.

19. jsantoslincoln

jsantoslincoln Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Lincoln, CA
    Just got these a few weeks ago. With Tahoe an hour away, can't wait for winter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger, aFe CAI (same as TRD 1st gen) w/Dry Filter, URD 2.85" Stealth Pulley, custom exhaust system, 5100's front & rear, TSB rear springs, 55 watt Xenon HID hi/lo 4500k Headlights, 35 watt 3000k yellow fog lights, fogs on w/headlights mod in sig, tinted side windows & windshield, Kenwood Navigation Unit, 5mm wide-angle flush mount LEDs in orange tied into illumination circuit to light up all storage & cubby areas at night, DEI Alarm, remote start w/cell phone control that works from anywhere, Custom electric roof mount rifle rack for LMT AR15
    What's the lowest price people are getting right now on a 265/75r16 Duratrac C? Post some details please. I've got a unique situation I can take advantage of but I need details quickly in order to be able to act. Thanks!

To Top