1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got a question on the bilstein 6112 coilovers

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Dajeepman, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Sep 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM
    Dajeepman

Dajeepman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pittsburg , Tx
    Vehicle:
    2006 Gold Tacoma base 4x4
    I currently have 650lb springs on them... that's not enought for the weight. I can get some fox 800lb springs or king 750lb springs. Would they just swap out with no issue? I will take the preload off and set them at 0 to start out with.

YotaDan likes this.
  2. Sep 28, 2016 at 2:20 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Those should come with a 14x600. We do offer a 14x650 and 14x700 option for the 6112s from Eibach.

3. Sep 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Ooooo, what's cost on the 6112's with 14x700 springs?

YotaDan[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Sep 28, 2016 at 2:31 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    The other coil options are sold separately, we are unable to swap them out for what comes with the 6112s. They are currently $215.00 per Pair.

5. Sep 28, 2016 at 2:36 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Damn, so pretty much stuck with coils I cant use. I wonder if Bilstein will offer up just the shocks at some point like their 5100's. One can hope at least.

6. Sep 28, 2016 at 2:38 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Possible, but I doubt it since they need that particular type of coil to work. OEM Coils will not fit.

7. Sep 28, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Yeah, I figure as much, cuz you'll get some yahoo out there that will try and make stock coils work, and screw it all up.

8. Sep 29, 2016 at 10:28 AM
    Dajeepman

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pittsburg , Tx
    Vehicle:
    I telling ya know, i just got of the phone with Bilstein and the worst customer service ever. They told me they dont give coil spring info out, they have no reason. so yep last time i ever will buy a lift kit with their products in it. I'm going king or Fox next time. @YotaDan Im waiting back from AllPro right now I might hit you up on those 700lb coils. Thanks everyone and @YotaDan for the info. Info that Bilstein would not give me.

YotaDan likes this.
  9. Sep 30, 2016 at 4:17 AM
    Dajeepman

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pittsburg , Tx
    Vehicle:
    Is thus the part number thay you have for the 700lb springs? 1400.300.0700s

10. Sep 30, 2016 at 10:10 AM