1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got bit by the mod bug

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ianjacks, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Aug 16, 2008 at 5:33 PM
    ianjacks

ianjacks [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey there, im a proud owner of a Indigo ink 08 crew cab, TRD sport, manual transmision short box. It's my first truck and my first new vehicle ever. Ive had it now for just under a year and the honeymoon is not over yet. Everytime I get in it I think what a great decision it was not to have purchased the cheaper, ugly ford F150.

All I have done to it so far is added the skid plate and a sirrius radio mounted infront of the gearshift. I have big plans for it but just not the funds to do so yet. My first order of business is of course a lift kit with wheels and tires. Im pretty sure I just want a 3" lift and totally unsure of the rims and tires I want (any sugestions?). Also I want to do the exhaust complete with a cold air intake. Also I would love to put in the carbon fiber pieces found in the 07 yamaha edition (anyone know how to get their hands on those?).

Any advice on what 3" lift kit works and what wheel size and tires I need for offroad and highway use would be much appreciated. Going for that clean tough truck look.

Cheers

2. Aug 16, 2008 at 5:41 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Welcome to TW.All the info you're looking for is already in here. :)

3. Aug 16, 2008 at 5:51 PM
    YoYo_32757

YoYo_32757 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome!!!!
    Check the forums....but a Bilstein coil-overs and an ad-a-leave in the rear works wonders! Seems like you got BIG plans...just be sure to post pics! :D

4. Aug 16, 2008 at 5:58 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    welcome to TW ianjacks. we will help you flatten your wallet. but don't worry it only stings for about the first year

5. Aug 16, 2008 at 6:03 PM
    YoYo_32757

YoYo_32757 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Or TWO.....if you have a real itch! :)
    Just give US your card number...we'll handle everything for you! You DID say yours was an '05 right! Wait...that's mine..........sorry! :eek:

6. Aug 16, 2008 at 6:52 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    ha.....the wife asked me if it was ever going to stop, she seen the list of "need to do's". I bet she can't wait until hunting season starts to get my mind on something else.
    ianjacks....pace yourself, alot to soak in mod's wise. Take it from me "the more you look...the more you want to do"

Products Discussed in

To Top