1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got hit this morning

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DheadTaco, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:33 PM
    BasherXt

BasherXt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    East Tn
    Stock
    I know some say 'it's just a truck' but I'd be sick for a while if that just happened to mine. Hate to hear it but glad it wasn't worse.

2. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    bamma

bamma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    Current: 2011 Land Cruiser
    It was probably the Krispy Kreme drivers fault, but you really think the cops would ever give a ticket to a doughnut guy? I think not!

3. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    So you had a stop sign and he was coming down the highway, and you didn't see him and pulled out and almost made it but he clipped your rear?

4. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:47 PM
    DheadTaco

DheadTaco [OP] Pill it till you kill it!

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Impulse Red Pearl
    -Color Matched Grill & Toyota emblem -Headlights from WOTM -Tinted Fogs with Lamin-x (Tint) -Tinted taillights with Lamin-x (Tint) -6K HIDs in headlights and fogs -20% tint all around -Plasti-dipped badges -Plasti-dipped back bumper -Mud flap mod -'10 running-boards -LEDs all around -AFE drop-in
    Yeah. It was dark and he didnt have his lights on. By the way, he gave the AMR and Cops donuts LOL

5. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    Chris135

Chris135 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    Hey, typically speaking they are seperate. Usually there's an outer bedside and an inner bedside spot welded together, along with reinforcements here and there. Quite often the inner isnt that bad after pulling and removing the outer so it's just repaired before putting the the new outer boxside on.

6. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    Why is everyone on TW getting into accidents lately!? :(

7. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    DheadTaco

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    -Color Matched Grill & Toyota emblem -Headlights from WOTM -Tinted Fogs with Lamin-x (Tint) -Tinted taillights with Lamin-x (Tint) -6K HIDs in headlights and fogs -20% tint all around -Plasti-dipped badges -Plasti-dipped back bumper -Mud flap mod -'10 running-boards -LEDs all around -AFE drop-in
    It moved the bed about a half inch to inch over a little bit. You can tell when you look at the six bolt inside the bed.

8. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    The steel exterior bed side bolts to the composite bed. Looks like a clean repair: bed side, tail light and bumper. The important thing is no cab or suspension damage.

What our trucks look like on the inside. (OP bought a salvage as a fix-er-up.)
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...ld-teach-my-dog-same-trick-3.html#post3566887

I used to think that way, until I found Tacomaworld and saw all the long-travel rigs on here. :D

9. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    Chen

Chen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5
    Sorry to hear about the truck. My girlfriend had the same thing happen to her, they told her unless there was a witness that there were no headlights on the other car(unless he admitted of course) then they couldn't say whose fault it was. It was listed as no fault, the other driver didn't have insurance and my gf's car wasn't terrible damaged so they didn't file, just bought a used bumper. Sorry if this is no help to you, just thought it was related to your situation.

Hope everything works out well for you.

10. Oct 6, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Thank God you are ok...
    So he did give donuts out to everyone but you? And, I can not understand the "Insurance Co. figures out the who is at fault part"?

11. Oct 6, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    Drew5387

Drew5387 You can't fix stupid

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5 DC Black
    Raptor Style Grill, KC Highlight Spot Beams, 2.5% Window Tint, Kenwood Touchscreen Head Unit, Train Horn, Tinted Tail Lights, Retrofit Source Projectors with Halos, BHLM, LED Fog Lights, 40" LED Light Bar, 33" Cooper STT Tires, Herculined Rocker Panels, 175+ hp in stickers
    I have seen a wreck on here everyday for the past two months. I'm starting to worry that the Japanese are planning another attack and are taking out all the vehicles that will survive an attack. But they seem to only take out Tacoma's...

12. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    Ahhh! That will buff right out!

glad you are ok.

13. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    80s toysport

80s toysport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikolai (Nik)
    kansas city, ks
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD off road
    Camper, nerf bars, visors, hood bug gaurd, ABS killswitch, bed light
    Dahm, suks man. At least it wasnt worst.

From what ive read is the cop didnt give anybody a ticket. Next thing is to get a hold of the police report and see what it says. Thats what the insurance company is going to go by unless someone got a ticket. Then it would be his/her fault. Another thing is when you are getting onto the highway. It would be you that would have to yield or speed pass the person next to you thats already on the highway. If you notice on every on and off ramp. There is a yield sign. If it was put into the police report that the other driver didnt have his/her lights on. I would asume its tthere fault. This is whats probably going to happen. Your ins company will pay for the damages and all. They will talk and dispute over it and after all is said and done. Youll find out who it is. Its going to take a while though. It took my wifes claim a little over 2 years. It was also a comercial vehicle that hit her. only differance is hers was a 18 wheeler. I was thinking dahm. Why the car lol j/k(Imma get put in the doghouse if she ever reads this). Im glad nothing happened to her though. A car i can replace but not a wiifffff... Wait never mind lol.

14. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    saugus

saugus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    What time did the cop report the accident? 6:45 AM is very close to daylight. Still kind of dark but close.

15. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    DheadTaco

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    He began the report at 652 am. Obviously, this happened several minutes before that.

16. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    DheadTaco

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    Im really eager to see the police report too. My insurance said that I can go ahead and pay my deductible and fix my truck and if it turns out not to be my fault they will give me the money back.

17. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:35 PM
    80s toysport

80s toysport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikolai (Nik)
    kansas city, ks
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD off road
    Camper, nerf bars, visors, hood bug gaurd, ABS killswitch, bed light
    Yeah, thats how it goes. Id take the first. Cause either way its gonna get fixed. Look at it this way. If its your fault. Its already fixed and done. If its there fault. You get a chunk of change.

18. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    TRDBandit

TRDBandit TACOMANATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    CRAWLORADO
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab TRD O.R. Dark Blue
    Afe Stage 2 CAI Tinted windows Many to come
    Just chop of part of the bed and make a high clearance bumper. Shorter bed = better off road capabilities!!!

19. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:49 PM
    CGtaco

CGtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Fog light Mod Total Chaos UCA's Front Icons Rear Icon / res
    Hey hey we dont need to go that far. :D

But hey OP if you have a witness that can also say that he was driving with hs lights off their insurance should cover the costs.

20. Oct 7, 2011 at 4:26 AM
    hitmans.army

hitmans.army Just a guy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Myrtle Creek, OR
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner & '40 Chrysler Coupe
    Bilstein 5100s up front with OME 885s, rear Add-A-Leaf, LED lights (tails, dome, map, plate lights), Kicker 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure under back seat, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker amp for sub, Pioneer DVD Player, Satoshi Grille with Devil Horns, Leer 100XQ.
    If it is a newer model vehicle, they could have checked the computer log which would have said everything about the vehicle up to, I think, 15 seconds before. Include if the lights were on or not.....

Products Discussed in

To Top