1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got My New Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Golf77, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Apr 9, 2007 at 7:17 AM
    Golf77

Golf77 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I'm the proud owner of a new, Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4 TRD-Sport in Speedway Blue. I'm not going to suck up bandwidth by attaching a photo -- we've all seen one, right? :cool:

First tank of fuel with mixture of street and freeway driving netted 17.8 MPG, so I'm already pleased. :D

Two questions:

1)Has anyone had problems with wind howl on the freeway? I encountered a whistling noise from somewhere near the center of the windshield (top) at about 75 MPH with a strong cross wind yesterday. It sounds like I have bad seal on the glass perhaps... :confused:

2)Does your FM reception suck? The JBL system sounds great with a CD, but blows when you listen to FM -- it sounds bad enough that I thought I had a blown tweeter in the right door. :eek:

One last thought: I picked the truck up on Friday and noticed it was riding very hard -- almost bouncing over potholes. My trusty tire gauge revealed all four tires were 26 to 30 PSI above the door sticker setting of 29 PSI (which I tend to think is too low). I dropped everything down to 33 for a first trial. I'm guessing the tires are overinflated to reduce bounce and lash during shipping, but at 56-59 PSI, the tires were well above their stated maximum of 44 PSI. Anyone buying a new truck would be wise to check theirs after delivery -- I intend to discuss this with the PDI folks at my dealership.

2. Apr 9, 2007 at 7:49 AM
    TRDeity

TRDeity Well-Known Member

Member:
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDpro
    Congrats on your new truck. Thanks for the warning on the tires, I haven't checked mine since I got the truck, just me being lazy really. I don't have the JBL but the reception with the six disc stock is pretty good.

3. Apr 9, 2007 at 8:25 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    My truck is an extremely quiet ride interstate or otherwise. As far as FM reception I'm pretty impressed, it's better than my old car. Anyway, welcome to TW!

4. Apr 9, 2007 at 9:46 AM
    07taco4x4

07taco4x4 Member

Member:
    my 07 has the same noise coning thru the seal on the doors, very annoying. other posters say that the door weatherstrip is too soft and the wind comes thru. I called the dealer and of course they never heard of it before. they gotta look at it before they can do anything with it. my dealer is 1 1/2 hrs away. got first oil change coming up, will have it checked then. also I got sprayed with soapy water from the back window, apparently it doens't seal very good either

5. Apr 9, 2007 at 12:13 PM
    CharlieX

CharlieX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah, that's way too high on the tire pressure. Mine came from the dealer at 33.5. Rides real nice.

I've got wind noise, but it seems to come from the side mirrors and a bit of a whistle from the antennae.

6. Apr 9, 2007 at 5:49 PM
    AUDITECH

AUDITECH Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION

Member:
    charlotte nc
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab prerunner
    none
    Tires are overinflated so they dont devlope flat spots sitting. At our dealer our tires are set at 45psi from germany and we set them at 35 when sold

Products Discussed in

To Top