1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got Sideswiped Today - Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by knphee, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Apr 2, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    knphee

knphee [OP] Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2011 AccessCab TRD OR
    So long story short: Tacoma was sideswiped in traffic this morning. We couldn't have been going more than 60km when a Mercedes ML350 on my right hit me on the passenger side. Heard a bang and felt bit of a jolt. I looked over and he was hunched over on his steering wheel (I'm guessing he passed out :eek:). He ended up crashing into a light pole before bulldozing over a couple of steel poles. An unreal sight. His SUV will be a total write off. Dude was carried off in a stretcher. Hope he's alright.

My passenger mirror was folded in (as if it was pushed in by hand). Miraclously, the only damages on my Tacoma appear to have only been 2 small scratches on the fender and a long scratch on the right mud guard. Also, I've noticted that my passenger wheel made contact with what I assume was his wheel as I see some markings on the rubber. I have my winters on right now so I can't exactly be sure if my rim was scratched.

The truck seems to drive perfectly fine. No alignment issues that I can tell. HOWEVER, his SUV did essentially bounce off me and ended up on the left meridan. Initial guess is the mirror and passenger wheel absorbing the hit.

I'm more concerned about the hidden damages that may have occured.

Question: I have an appointment with the insurance appraiser later in the week, is there something I should be having them or the dealership check ? What are possible damages that I can't see on the surface ?

Thanks in advance!
    KN

2. Apr 2, 2012 at 11:47 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    Sideswiped, hidden damages might be bed misaligned, easy to spot. Check wheels etc. etc. now if you got rear ended that would a different story however side swiped is nothing compared to you running into back end of a semi. Ask a lot of questions when your with the appraiser. Shouldn't be to bad.

Products Discussed in

To Top