1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got the leaf Spring TSB. Here are some pics !

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by khfactor, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Mar 6, 2008 at 4:51 PM
    Blue05tacoma

Blue05tacoma Member

Member:
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Stainless T-rex nerf bars, Stainless T-rex bull bar, Billet grilles for upper and lower bumper as well as hood scoop grille, 3" Tough Country suspension lift
    i already have a 3" lift. Is getting my TSB something i should do? And even at that will they do it even though i have put a lift on my truck already?

2. Mar 6, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    When I called to see if they would do my truck the first thing they asked is if I had a lift. You could call and see, have your vin # ready they will need it to verify the TSB.

3. Mar 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    You don't need the TSB.

Park your truck infront of the dealer with a Banner saying This Dealer Does Not Cover Factory Recalls or something to that effect and leave it there until they do what they are supposed to do. They will change their tune pretty quick. Also, file a complaint with the BBB.

No, you don't need the TSB.

4. Mar 6, 2008 at 7:04 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    im not exactly upstate......rock hill,sc actually, but i had mine done here at harrelson toyota. ndcouch,from greenville,sc, had his done at toyota of greenville i believe. send him a pm.

5. Mar 6, 2008 at 7:43 PM
    frvrngn

frvrngn Active Member

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    20% tint on fronts, stock everywhere else, its a lease!
    I pm'd ndcouch, I have spoken with him before. Hopefully he has some ideas.

Regarding luk8272 - that is the # I called and I got nowhere. Not only would they not approve it, they told me that they have no authority to approve it! They said I need to take it to the dealer. The dealer said if I wasnt happy to call Toyota, which is what I did and ended up going in circles. They do have a claim# on me and my wife who called while I was working.

I am telling you, I have owned several Toys and currently we have 2 - an 06 Highlander and my Taco, with another 4 Toys in my immediate family. They make great cars, trucks and SUV's but this customer service just sucks to the point I dont think I want another Toyota! My Mazda RX8 was a nightmare for me as far as always having some new TSB or recall needed but Mazda bent over backwards for me no matter what dealership I went too. Even when I had a problem out of town on a trip the local dealer was fantastic. Toyota seems to think they dont have any problems and if I do have one - tough sh**!!

6. Mar 6, 2008 at 7:54 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I felt the same way with my 02 tacoma seemed like I could never get any help, but with this one seems like the wheels are turning but slowly. This site helps out alot. It seems to get something done at the shop you need to know exactly what is wrong and how to fix it so you can point them in the right direction. When I called the # they told me the same thing they told you but I took down each and every name of the person's that helped me and I just called every 2 hours until one of them asked me why I was calling so much. I told him I had a problem and that I would like it fixed. I just got lucky. I hate to hear things like this especially since they don't give these vehicles away.

7. Mar 7, 2008 at 6:03 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Service manager just called and said they would now like to do the TSB on my truck and wanted to set up a time? I guess they decided they weren't getting any money from Toyota for keeping the new springs on a shelf for a month after they had ordered them for me and then said the '08 wasn't covered. ;)

8. Mar 7, 2008 at 6:39 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    4x4x4trd
    Let me know how many springs they put in the rear of your truck, if you don't mind. I know it is supposed to be four but I was told that they put some revised 2008 spring in mine and it is only 3. Thanks.

9. Mar 7, 2008 at 7:01 AM
    khfactor

khfactor [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD Sport
    Pop N Lock + Hose Clamp. DTRL, AFE drop-In Dry filter, 6-1/2" Replacement Speakers, JVC HD Radio, Sam's club variety Floor mats (cheap but effective), Chrome Exhaust tip, Bed Mat from ol' Ford Ranger. As of 3/25/2020, the Odometer just turned 70K.
    It's funny (sorry, a figure of speech) that you mentioned the horrible Toyota Customer service Rep's attitudes, and sorry to hear that you got a bunch of run-around. But like I said a couple of times in my previous posts before, when you call the 1-800-number, it is like hit or miss.

I was the one who endorsed the idea of calling the 1-800 number rather than going to the dealership. When I called that number for the FIRST time, some unintellegent person took my call and gave me a bunch of BS that I thought I called the wrong number......

I did not give up. I waited a few days before I called back the 1-800 number and got someone who was able to get to the source of my problem and refer to the right remedies. Again, if your initial call landed on a CLUELESS operator :confused: , try again until you get your answers.

Those 1-800-operators are not technical reps and if you are UNLUCKY, you will get a CLUELESS operator with a BAD attitude. In this case, just hang up and call again. This is true for all customer service calls with major manufacturers...... :rolleyes:

Be persistent and call, call, and call until you are satisfied. After all, they give you the TOLL FREE 1-800 NUMBER. So why not ?????? :D

10. Mar 7, 2008 at 7:24 AM
    frvrngn

frvrngn Active Member

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    I may just do that. I also plan on going down to the dealer tomorrow with a printout of the TSB in hand and say "Is this the TSB that you told me over the phone doesnt exist??" I just cant believe how much crap I have to wade through to fix a known problem with the truck! Its not like they wont get paid for the work they do, and its not like I am asking for a new truck (my truck only has 8000 miles on it). I just want to be able to use my truck the way it was meant to be used! I bought the Taco so I could haul stuff and tow a small camper. At this point I dont want to do either with how badly the truck handles the weight.

11. Mar 7, 2008 at 12:29 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    1 quick queastion, I know that the TSB is not out yet for the 08, but is there anything out there for 07? A while back someone gave me a link for the PDF, I saved it and noticed it states 05-06. It will be a hard sell to convince the service department to do the Job with only this TSB.

Any updates out there?

Thanks...

12. Mar 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    frvrngn

frvrngn Active Member

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/5206-getting-suspension-tsb-tomorrow.html#post49469

Go there, that is where I got mine. Its SU006-07 and has the Sept 2007 update that includes the 2007 models.

13. Mar 7, 2008 at 1:21 PM
    roxspin72

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
  14. Mar 7, 2008 at 1:33 PM
    viprbomber

viprbomber Active Member

Member:
    Tucson, Az
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5
    This is something that is just blowing me away right now! where can we get all TSB's for 05 on up?

15. Mar 7, 2008 at 1:51 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Have an appointment for the TSB on my '08 next Wed. The dealer called me this morning to set it up. This is after last month ordering the parts and then calling back and saying the 08's were not yet included. Maybe now they are.
    They are also giving me new TRD shocks all around even though I only have 900 miles on the truck and already have the Bilstein's on my TRD truck.

16. Mar 7, 2008 at 2:28 PM
    roxspin72

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Ok hold up... Is that a good trade. sure TRD is good, but I like my Bilsteins. Anybody got experience with these?

17. Mar 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    It is a great trade. They are replacing his bilsteins that have 900 miles on them with brand new bilsteins that have 0 miles on them.

TRD shocks = bilsteins

18. Mar 7, 2008 at 2:37 PM
    JackRabbit

JackRabbit Taco Addict

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport SR5 Dbl Cab 4x4
    mods in sig

Uhmm... correct me if I am wrong. Don't TRD's come stock with blue and yellow Bilsteins? Do you mean you put 5100s on there?

19. Mar 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM
    roxspin72

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Ok just checking... So TRD dont make shocks, its just a package. Cause they do make intake and exhaust. So thats what Im trying to clarify.

Good for you 4x4x4

If you could, can you find out if they have a new TSB # for the 08's. That way the rest of us dont have to wait another month for the dealer to realize 08's qualify..

Thanks...

20. Mar 7, 2008 at 3:12 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    TRD actually makes nothing really.

The intake is a re-badged AFE intake, and the exhaust is Borla. I am un-sure of their involvment in the supercharger so I can't speak to that.

Products Discussed in

To Top