1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

gps antenna happiness, great reception, anywhere!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by zero niner, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Jul 11, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    zero niner

zero niner [OP] romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Hello,

Thought I'd throw out a fun fact from my latest stereo adventure.

So I pulled the dash to connect my Sirius and RCA cables and I noticed that my GPS antenna had fallen in behind the deck and was sitting at the bottom of the cable wrap (I had not taken the sticky off the metal base pad). I was impressed that my GPS was still working! It had a signal strength of 19 feet from the bottom of the dash. So needless to say, you could almost put it anywhere behind the dash and get reception. With it now pinched above the vent and below the dash (properly on the metal base pad STUCK to the vent), I'm showing between 12-16 feet but I'm sure it will get better as I move around and it locates. It was just done last night...

For reference, it's a Kenwood DNX 5120 deck. Very impressed with how far technology has come for GPS signal stregth!

Rob

Dr. Jekyll likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top