1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grand Highlander

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by hyrule_trd, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Dec 23, 2023 at 6:52 PM
    hyrule_trd

hyrule_trd [OP] It’s a Secret to Everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Ironman Stage 1 Foam Cell Pro lift kit, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx, SCS BR6 Wheels, SPC UCA, Heated seats, MESO TRD start button, Meso Total Tail v1, Meso V5 mirror white DRL turns, bed decal, ditch and hidden bumper lights, screen protech, RAV4 radio knobs, steering wheel anytime camera kit, dash cam, ECGS bushing, Timbren Active Off Road bump stops with Wheelers flip kit. 35% Xpel CS Ceramic Tint, KD Max Tune, SumoSprings front bump stops, RRW Sliders ‌ ‌ ▲ ▲‌ ▲
    A little off topic but still Toyota.

Anyone have a Grand Highlander or planning to get one?

I placed a deposit on one for my wife today, expected on Valentine’s Day, so that will make a great gift. She wanted a Platinum gas only.

Right now, it there is a 2” lift available.

Will have to figure out what slightly larger all terrain tires and aftermarket wheels will fit. The lug pattern is 5x120.

Here is what a stock vs one with a 2” lift looks like.

IMG_9540.jpg

seadub1 and Road_Warrior like this.
  2. Feb 1, 2024 at 4:37 PM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Ironman Stage 1 Foam Cell Pro lift kit, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx, SCS BR6 Wheels, SPC UCA, Heated seats, MESO TRD start button, Meso Total Tail v1, Meso V5 mirror white DRL turns, bed decal, ditch and hidden bumper lights, screen protech, RAV4 radio knobs, steering wheel anytime camera kit, dash cam, ECGS bushing, Timbren Active Off Road bump stops with Wheelers flip kit. 35% Xpel CS Ceramic Tint, KD Max Tune, SumoSprings front bump stops, RRW Sliders ‌ ‌ ▲ ▲‌ ▲
    Picked up our Grand Highlander Platinum gas today. Lots of neat little features.

Toyota Safety sense 3.0. It will steer itself some and stop you from going over the lines. It will follow the road while cruise control is on.

The heads up display is pretty neat too. Has speed limit sign, mph, road lines, steering wheel and something else. I’ll get more pics too. Lots of room in there too.

Some things I’m planning on doing-

Tint
    Ceramic coating
    2” lift
    Black wheels with A/T tires (at4w maybe)
    Dash cam
    Maybe black hood wrap
    Running boards

That’s probably more than my wife will let me do…

IMG_9843.jpg

Front sight likes this.
  3. Feb 26, 2024 at 5:22 AM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Not much to report new here. Ride is really nice and so are some of the bells and whistles. I like the hud and panoramic camera. It’s tough to make out in the picture, but the hud shows signs, here is the speed limit sign, current speed and some other images.

Waiting to get the windows tinted and then I’ll prep and ceramic coat her.

I did add vinyl to the Grand Highlander lettering and add a dash cam.

IMG_9872.jpg
    IMG_9881.jpg
    IMG_9852.jpg

Front sight likes this.
  4. Feb 26, 2024 at 5:24 AM
    JMcFly

JMcFly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    which dash cam is that?

5. Feb 26, 2024 at 5:33 AM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    That’s a Focuway D2 Duo, pretty nice, pictures are good. Has some verbal commands you can give it but I’ve not tested those yet. I’ve got it paired with the Dangar dongle.

You can connect and watch in real time, at least when at a stop. I’ve not tried it while driving.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CM65QMMS

Front sight likes this.
  6. Feb 26, 2024 at 5:42 AM
    hyper15125

hyper15125 Headlight Retrofitting Hobbyist Vendor

Member:
    NJ (609)
    Vehicle:
    ‘13 Taco,‘22 Hybridlander
    We have a 22 XLE Hybrid, really like it except at 30k now And the MPG has dropped significantly. Used to get high 30’s now hi 20’s. Seems like much more room thanthe 14 4Runner we got rid of for it. I saw Grand when it came out. Looks bigger outside but not much bigger inside. Nice vehicle tho, enjoy.

hyrule_trd[OP] likes this.
  7. Feb 26, 2024 at 5:54 AM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Thanks! That’s interesting to hear that the mpg would drop like that. We went with the gas only model. What my wife wanted was only in the platinum trim and there was not regular platinum hybrid, only the hybrid max and there really isn’t any gas savings there.

I’m not sure where the extra room in the GH is compared to the Highlander. I did hear the baggage and 3rd row but have nothing to base it off of.

seadub1 likes this.
  8. Feb 26, 2024 at 3:29 PM
    hyper15125

hyper15125 Headlight Retrofitting Hobbyist Vendor

Member:
    NJ (609)
    Vehicle:
    ‘13 Taco,‘22 Hybridlander
    Enjoy Brother!

9. Mar 2, 2024 at 6:14 AM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Tint done-

first wash, clay, polish and ceramic coating planned for tomorrow.

wife is not on board for a lift and bigger AT tires yet. She also nixed my plan to plasti dip all the chrome to black.

IMG_9976.jpg
    IMG_9981.jpg

seadub1 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top