1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

greasable shackle bolts

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by jbrandt, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Dec 22, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    jbrandt

jbrandt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Tacoma 4x4
    K&N intake
    Hey all,

So I have a set of Toytech 1" lift shackles on my '04 TRD 4x4. I just put them on last weekend, along with all new urethane bushings on all 4 corners (and 5100's).

I was thinking of replacing the bolts with greasable ones (all 3 bolts on each leaf).

1st, what are your thoughts on them (are they weaker, etc...?). Is it worth it, etc...?

2nd, can you recommend a place to get them? All I can find are shackles WITH the geasable bolts, not just the bolts, or bolts that aren't specific to the Taco.

Thanks!

2. Dec 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solutionÂ…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Hali, NS
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    I have the OME greasable shakles and I havent had any issues with them, but I also never had any issues with stock non-greasable bolts either.

3. Dec 22, 2011 at 2:58 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V8
    I have the OME greasable shackles and have had no issues. I also purchased the greaseable spring eye bolt from Wheelers Off Road, although not installed yet.

4. Dec 22, 2011 at 5:17 PM
    STLharry

STLharry Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    01 5VZ-FE TRD 5spd
    '95-'97 style Grille/Hood/Taillights/Tailgate decals, ARB bull bar, Rock sliders, Custom rear tube bumper, King Coilovers with Icon neoprene spring condoms, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs with N85 shocks, NWOR greasable shackles/spring pins and OME hardware; IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W fog lights, CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor; ARB-mounted 4' Hi-Lift, Deckplate mod, Grey Wire mod, Dif Breather Extension, Dif Drop Kit, Sway bar removed, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Boat cupholder
    Got mine from NWOR. Love 'em. Then seem to eat grease a little faster than the driveshafts but it def makes life easier.

To Top