1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Greetings from Tennessee

Discussion in 'New Members' started by canoe, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Dec 30, 2006 at 10:34 AM
    canoe

canoe [OP] Member

Member:
    First post, so some background is in order. Except for just one year, I have owned a Toyota truck since 1977, when I bought a brand-new, red, long-bed, 5-speed manual, SR5, 2WD. That one stayed with me until 1991. In 1992 I acquired a 1988, blue, plain-Jane, bench seat, standard everything including manual steering, 2WD, 4-speed manual. It is still going fine, but is a little cramped for our family of 4. A month ago the newest Toy joined the family, so now we have both the old little Toy and a new big Toy. The newest one is used, but in perfect shape, a blue 2005 Tacoma PreRunner Crew Cab, 2WD, automatic. It is a huge step up from the '88, literally and figuratively. Ride is smooth, relatively quiet, and the view is grand. I think the new composite bed is great. Hope it has as long a life as my little trucks have had. Parallel parking is not quite the breeze it used to be, though. Can't wait to start using the tow package to pull the boat to the lake.

Contemplated upgrades: need a Thule 2160 fit kit to adapt my roof rack for carrying canoes. A Tonneau cover seems likely too, though a full cap hasn't been ruled out yet. Suggestions welcome.

2. Dec 30, 2006 at 10:38 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Welcome to TW! What kind of boat do you have??

3. Dec 30, 2006 at 11:27 AM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    Hello and welcome to TW :0)

4. Dec 31, 2006 at 7:47 PM
    canoe

canoe [OP] Member

Member:
    Right now we have 3 Dagger canoes: 17' Dimension tandem outfitted for whitewater; 15' Reflection tandem for Class I-II; and a Impulse OC-1 for whitewater. Also have a racing C-2 and a racing kayak, both fibreglass and pretty old designs. To be added soon: Ski Nautique, hopefully a pre-1980 one. Have plenty of experience with this boat when I skied in an amateur ski show a few years back. Time to get the kids started with water skiing. A Ski Tique would do also, but there are not that many around. Had to pass on several Nautiques last fall because I had no good way to haul a boat home from the seller. Now with the new Taco, pulling a boat will be a breeze.

Products Discussed in

To Top