1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Greetings from Vegas

Discussion in 'New Members' started by JohnnyGato, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Feb 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    JohnnyGato

JohnnyGato [OP] God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD SR5 V6 4x4 Off Road
    Limo tint, Sirius/XM radio, Wet Okole's, Weathertech's, Rhino Lining, blacked out badges, shorty antenna, painted speaker (tweeter) covers, blue LED running lights, Icon 3" lift, Pro Comp 17" 7005's, 33" (285/70/17) Good Year MT/R's with kevlar.
    I have '04 Tacoma 4x4 TRD in silver. I'm looking to add a 3" lift to it. I don't know much (kinda new to this) but I was quoted by a local shop at $1800-$2000 to get it done safely and correctly. Does that sound about right? I also wanna add the brushed chrome billet grille, Wet Okole seat covers in black with a red inlay and a sold rear bed cover. Possibly may add some fog lamps and a bull bar.

2. Feb 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    Drakken

Drakken Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    Silver Streak Mica 2006 AC 4X4
    Welcome to TW

There are so many options on the lifts you would probably have to give some specifics in order to give a ballpark figure. Good luck with the mods.

3. Feb 6, 2010 at 4:50 PM
    08TRD Sport

08TRD Sport ROOTIN AROUND

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Augusta, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    10 5th Gen 4Runner
    welcome

4. Feb 6, 2010 at 5:08 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Almost $2000 for a 3" sounds high to me. They cost for an entry level is around $300.00 I know there are very expensinve 3" lifts out there but even if he got a skyjacker lift like what I am running I wouldn't pay $1500 to install it. I have heard or around 700 or 800 for an install. I just researched a 6" lift for around 4000 which includes the lift and alignment with all cutting and a custom fabricated drive shaft adjuster if needed. just my opinion but I dont know what lift installs are going for bc my install was free.

5. Feb 6, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab

If you look around and it depends on what you want your truck to look like ( I am not being rough on you just letting you see some options) there are a couple trucks I have checked out that looked really good with a black grill craft grill insert installed if you look up DdayisNear's pics his truck looks really good with the above grillcraft. It is installed perfectly, and looks good.

6. Feb 6, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    JohnnyGato

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:
    Limo tint, Sirius/XM radio, Wet Okole's, Weathertech's, Rhino Lining, blacked out badges, shorty antenna, painted speaker (tweeter) covers, blue LED running lights, Icon 3" lift, Pro Comp 17" 7005's, 33" (285/70/17) Good Year MT/R's with kevlar.
    Thanks guys! I though that was kinda high myself. Just wasn't sure, but what led me on is that they wanted to charge me $250 just to tint the truck windows. I won't be going back to that place. I'll get other estimates. On another note... how hard is it to replace the stock front grille with the billet grille?

7. Feb 6, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap
    Welcome Gato - you got the $, TW got the answers. :D

8. Feb 6, 2010 at 5:18 PM
    JohnnyGato

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:
    Thanks dude!!!

9. Feb 6, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    JohnnyGato

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:
    Anyone know a good place to order that 04 Tacoma billet grille from? Anywhere recommended?

10. Feb 6, 2010 at 6:36 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:

250 for the tint is not bad just ask about the warranty.

11. Feb 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I think I ordered my grill craft from autoanything.... cant remember though.

12. Feb 6, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    JohnnyGato

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:

I got mine done for $62.00 with a 1 yr warranty. Yes, he did a good job. I'll post pics soon.

13. Feb 7, 2010 at 2:40 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Welcome to TW.
    Spend some time in the vendors sub-forum.

14. Feb 7, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    Edrin55

Edrin55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Access Cab
    Avid Off Road Light Bar Line-X'd, Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoope, Truck Covers USA metal roll up bed cover, Thule Custom lockable light bar, TRD Sport Exhaust, Line-X'd TRD skid plate, Slee Off Road Sliders, Upgraded 3.5" Rearview Mirror/Monitor, Anytime Foglight Mod. (TY Jeff), Smoked Foglights, SilverStar Headlight & Foglight Bulbs, Tinted windows all around, Vent visors, Bed mat with security mod, Wet Okoles front & back, Race/Sport Pedals, Tailgate Clamps, PopNLcok 5300 Tailgate Lock, All weather mats, Helo 17x8 Hubcentric Rims & BFG All Terrain 265/70/17, Blisteins 5100's all around with mini leaf add to the rears, AFE Pro Dry drop in filter, Go Rhino Hitch Step, TRD License Plate Frames and Tire Valve Covers. GrillCraft MX Mesh upper and lower grills with "old school TOYOTA" FJ emblem, Cobra CB Radio, Firestick CB Antenna with custom mount.
  15. Feb 7, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    JohnnyGato

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Edrin and all others!!! Loved looking at your build! Killer rims!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top