1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grom Audio Ipod,Line,USB Adapter is the Cats A$$!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by sinjun, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Jul 23, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    sinjun

sinjun [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Calgary, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad
    Mickey Thompson ATZ Tires, Spiffy new headlights
    I have a 2008 Tacoma with the 6 disc in the standard dash changer, but what a pain in the butt to have to burn discs, used an MP3 player with a FM modulator, wow talk about bad quality audio.

Then a neighbor with a Tac clued me in to the GROM Audio Adapter. For those that don't know it is a little black box that plugs into the external CD connection on the back of the head unit and it allows you to interface to an IPOD using the Crapple Ipod interface, a standard line out aux interface or my favorite a USB interface. The Truck sees it as a CD changer, allowing you to changer folders and listen to all your music.

I picked up a 16Gb USB memory stick and now have more music in my truck than I know what to do with.

The quality is fantastic, now I just need to pull the door panels off and silence all of the bass rattle.

Well done GROM on an much needed audio adaptor.

2. Jul 31, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    100%stock, except for the exhaust leak and custom windshield crack mod
    Stupid question about this, but i was just looking at the same setup. From what i was reading on the site (maybe i cant read) but did you have to unplug the changer part of your CD player? I guess my question is, can you still play CD's, as well as, have the interface hooked up?

Products Discussed in

To Top