1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GROM USB Issues 2005 Tacoma OEM 6-CD Changer (non-JBL)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by kbfowler61, May 26, 2011.

1. May 26, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    kbfowler61

kbfowler61 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Extang tonneau cover, USB_iPod_AUX adapter
    My new GROM-USB2 USB/iPod/AUX adapter won't play anything beyond the first folder (virtual CD) on USB flash drive. Reformatted drive, verified FAT32, checked folder & file names; even unplugged and replugged wiring harness. When attempted, displays only "CD2, TR1" but does nothing else and then won't let me back to first playlist. Would try a firmware upgrade, but unit is Build 47 and newest one on Grom Audio web site is Build 46. (What's up with that?) Working with their tech support on it but would welcome other suggestions; anyone else run into this? (FYI - iPod functionality is perfect; it's just the USB that's giving me fits.)

2. May 26, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    tquang

tquang mytacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    mytacoma
    San Dimas, S.Ca
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    Try another USB with new file, don't copy from your old file. it was happen to me. there is corrup file on your file.
    Good luck

3. May 26, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    The virtual CDs (playlists) you create must be numbered, i.e., 1-Rock, 2-Blues, 3-Jazz, etc. Do you have other files beside music in the folders (like .jpg or .m3u files)?

4. May 27, 2011 at 7:40 AM
    kbfowler61

kbfowler61 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Extang tonneau cover, USB_iPod_AUX adapter
    tquanq, thanks for that suggestion. I have prepped a couple of drives and loaded completely different music from a different computer on each of them. Now, I just need to find time for testing which is more painful than one would think, given the fact that the adapter seizes up every time I use the USB feature on it.

lbridges, I think I have the naming/numbering thing correct and, no, there were no other files on the thumb drive...not even the Auto Play file. The GROM Audio web site provides some examples of how to name/number them, but those examples are in two separate locations and appear to contradict themselves. (Maybe that's just how I'm reading it, but I'm very comfortable with directories and subdirectories.)

I did receive a surprising response from the GROM USB support tech yesterday, and thought I would share it with everyone:

"Thank you for your efforts. I have forwarded your case to our engineers and an exact A51810 radio is being ordered to try to replicate the issue. Please allow 1-2 weeks to resolve the issue. We can extend your return period an additional 15 days if the issue cannot be resolved after the test radio arrives."

Sure didn't expect THAT!

5. May 28, 2011 at 6:33 AM
    tquang

tquang mytacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    mytacoma
    San Dimas, S.Ca
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    Grom program not that good, and sometime it will shut down the radio if you try to forward or backward the song or go to another file too fast with your finger.

Did you reset your OEM Radio by remove 2 Fuse in the Fuse box under the hood? My it call Radio1, Radio2. My have JBL system. Keep us update

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top