1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trail Toys NSA Switch Panel

Discussion in 'Trail Toys' started by SMKYTXN, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Apr 14, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    bridaw

bridaw The light was yellow, Sir.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    SoCal, East San Diego County
    Vehicle:
    10 DC 6-speed TRD OR 4x4 tow debadged
    tailgate hose clamp/washer mod ,disable seatbelt warning ,dealer tinted windows ,running boards ,DiamondBack SE bed cover ,OEM rubber bed mat ,TRD Japan shift knob ,bed rail corner reinforcement with angle brackets+square nuts ,Armor Tech Offroad mount for 60" highlift jack ,Scangauge II ,OEM roof rack ,BajaRack basket ,WeatherTech dark tint window deflectors ,removed mud flaps ,debadged ,stubby antenna ,D-rings - 4 in bed floor + 8 on the side rails ,cut four D-ring slots in bedmat ,secured ActionPacker 48 gal cargo box to bed ,center console lock ,relocated 7 pin harness ,Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite hood supports ,Pop & Lock PL5300 tailgate lock ,RAM A-pillar mounts for GPS and Drift HD170 camera ,RAM mounts on bajarack for Drift HD170 exterior shots ,relocated rear differential breather ,headrest iPad mount ,ImMrYo rear view mirror lift ,Panavise Indash mount ,265/75/16 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO on TKO black rims ,installed front and rear WeatherTechTacoma DigitalFit FloorLiners ,replaced interior/external lights with Jumpers LEDs +switchback mod +under hood light ,installed rcbs204 Illuminated 4x4 Switch ,installed left and right Relentless Off-road Fabrication hood hinge light mounts ,installed KB Voodoo's Powder Coated Tailgate Cap System ,installed front and rear Wet Okole seat covers ,made and installed mount for Trail Toys NSA Switch Panel ,did ND4's Fog Light Anytime Mod
    Payment sent. Please program my box to setting 1. Toggle. I'm only going to connect lights to the box and I can always reprogram if that changes.

Now I need to figure out how/where it will be mounted.
    20150414_102047_.jpg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. Apr 15, 2015 at 6:20 AM
    SMKYTXN

SMKYTXN [OP] If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    All of the quality control checks are done, and they're ready to ship. For those of you that have paid in full, your boxes will ship out today. With any luck you'll have them by Saturday.

The boards are set to #1 by default. I will be writing up the instructions for changing the settings and posting them on my website.

Thanks again fellas. I'm looking forward to what you guys do with these panels.

Nathan

3. Apr 15, 2015 at 5:09 PM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    Well, USPS's website is acting up tonight. I've spent an hour trying to print four labels. I'm guessing that everyones trying to mail their tax returns tonight, so the system is bogged down.

I'll get these sent out tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

4. Apr 17, 2015 at 8:36 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
  5. Apr 17, 2015 at 8:49 AM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    I have another batch on order. They should be complete and to my door by May 13th.

6. Apr 18, 2015 at 1:25 PM
    bridaw

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    tailgate hose clamp/washer mod ,disable seatbelt warning ,dealer tinted windows ,running boards ,DiamondBack SE bed cover ,OEM rubber bed mat ,TRD Japan shift knob ,bed rail corner reinforcement with angle brackets+square nuts ,Armor Tech Offroad mount for 60" highlift jack ,Scangauge II ,OEM roof rack ,BajaRack basket ,WeatherTech dark tint window deflectors ,removed mud flaps ,debadged ,stubby antenna ,D-rings - 4 in bed floor + 8 on the side rails ,cut four D-ring slots in bedmat ,secured ActionPacker 48 gal cargo box to bed ,center console lock ,relocated 7 pin harness ,Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite hood supports ,Pop & Lock PL5300 tailgate lock ,RAM A-pillar mounts for GPS and Drift HD170 camera ,RAM mounts on bajarack for Drift HD170 exterior shots ,relocated rear differential breather ,headrest iPad mount ,ImMrYo rear view mirror lift ,Panavise Indash mount ,265/75/16 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO on TKO black rims ,installed front and rear WeatherTechTacoma DigitalFit FloorLiners ,replaced interior/external lights with Jumpers LEDs +switchback mod +under hood light ,installed rcbs204 Illuminated 4x4 Switch ,installed left and right Relentless Off-road Fabrication hood hinge light mounts ,installed KB Voodoo's Powder Coated Tailgate Cap System ,installed front and rear Wet Okole seat covers ,made and installed mount for Trail Toys NSA Switch Panel ,did ND4's Fog Light Anytime Mod
    Mine showed up today. :woot:

I think I need to mount this on the passenger side. Anything I try to do on the driver's side must allow access to the fuse box that is is laying on top of in this photo. I don't think there is enough room to slide it between things vertically.

20150418_133221_.jpg

Now that I think about it there are no moulded tabs to mount the box so I'll have to use heavy duty velcro. Maybe a mount from Yotamac is the way to go and I just flip it up out of the way when I need access to the fuse box.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  7. Apr 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM
    greeneggsnspam

greeneggsnspam ಠ_ಠ

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    .gif
    Too poor to list anything interesting.
    Now you can have your truck be truly bro-tastic! Moar lights!

8. Apr 18, 2015 at 3:14 PM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    I used Velcro on my box. I made a platform out of aluminum angle and velcroed it on. If you go that route you can Velcro it to the top of the fuse panel.

9. Apr 18, 2015 at 3:34 PM
    bridaw

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    I'll do a DIY angle bracket mount on the passenger side and extend the cable to the battery. It looks like the note card says mine is set to #7 and I'll need to set it to #1.

I didn't see instructions on the box. Can you PM them to me? I'll print them out.

10. Apr 18, 2015 at 3:41 PM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    Guess I got my programming requests mixed up, sorry about that. It's real easy to change the settings. I haven't written up the instructions yet, but I'll get it done soon.

Once you have the board hooked to 12V pos and neg, press and hold the black button on the circuit board till the led starts flashing. There's only one button on the board. Press the button again until the led lights up solid. Then press number one on the remote. The led on the board should flash quickly 15 times after that. You're done, that's all there is too it.

11. Apr 19, 2015 at 4:04 PM
    bridaw

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    No problem. I figured it was something simple like that. I already opened it up and saw the button.

I posted in Yotamac's thread I was considering mounting it vertically. Can you see any downside to mounting it like this? Bolt two angle brackets that drop down about 8 to 8.5" (one spot is a little higher than the other) and then bend out about 2". The 2" bend should support much of the weight and use Velcro on both angles of the bracket to hold the box. I could also use a bungie cord or two for safe measure.

20150419_154905.jpg

12. Apr 19, 2015 at 4:47 PM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    I see no problems mounting it like that. It looks like a good solution to me.

13. Apr 30, 2015 at 7:56 PM
    Peewee

Peewee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Seattle, WA
    2008 TRD DCSB
    Has anybody mounted their boxes yet? i'm anxious to see peoples mounting plates and places... post your pics! Much appreciated!

14. May 9, 2015 at 11:28 AM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    Guys, I have another ten units in stock. Please let me know if you have any questions.

15. May 9, 2015 at 8:16 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  16. May 10, 2015 at 3:16 PM
    ramonortiz55

ramonortiz55 Not A Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
    :spy:

I keep lingering around this thread.

17. May 10, 2015 at 3:18 PM
    ramonortiz55

ramonortiz55 Not A Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
    Here's another question for OP.

You said each circuit has a relay of 30 AMPS.

Are the relays the blue things?

What if they go out? How do I replace them?

Also, does this mean I don't have to use the stock relays I get with my hella lights, compressor, etc?

18. May 10, 2015 at 3:19 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    So clean looking. Nathan at moab i need to check this out.

19. May 10, 2015 at 3:22 PM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    Yes, the blue boxes are the relays and they are rated at 30amps each.

The relays are soldered to the board, so they will have to be desoldered for replacement. I doubt you'll ever have one go bad though.

You will not have to use the relays and switches that come with your accessories. All you need are the two lead wires, positive and negative.

20. May 10, 2015 at 3:23 PM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I won't be able to make Moab this year. My financial situation just won't allow it. :pout:

Products Discussed in

To Top