1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gulf oil spill......maybe this guy can fix it?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by hillbillynwv, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jun 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    hodieb khalifa (2 friends, send message) wrote: 46m ago
    The following simple technique can instantly plug the well and make unnecessary the drilling of the Relief wells:

Plugging BP Well by a String of Cement-Filled Casing Pipes- nothing can be easier?!

BP has to lower into the wellbore through the Riser Pipe stub and the Blowout Preventer a string of 18" Casing Pipes: a dozen pipes connected together, 500 ft long, after being filled with cement. BP has already an assortment of these Casing Pipes, which are used in casing oil wells after drilling, onboard their ships and platforms in the Gulf- Finito!

The wild well will instantly be plugged and there will be no need for the Relief Wells. The annulus space between the Casing Pipe String and the well walls can be filled by pumping cement.

I wonder why they have been fooling around with stupid attempts for 6 weeks- and still?!

As for myself, I'm Egyptian Engineer, 64, with a very long experience in the oil fields and mechanical installations in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Italy and Germany.

ENG. HODIEB KHALIFA
    CAIRO - EGYPT
    hodieb_khalifa@yahoo.com
    Tel: 002-0163427827 (Egypt)

.......this was a comment from a article that I was just reading on usatoday.com. There are so many smarter than me people in this world, why can't they stop this leak??

2. Jun 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    toy02ota

toy02ota Local TW dissenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Brownsville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Chevy Silverado
    How do we know he is really an engineer? Maybe that was me saying I am a 64 year old egyptian :cool:.

3. Jun 9, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    I think somebody forgot to realize that the pipes are already stuck in the well. So how do they propose to remove them first? The drilling core pipe is still there.

4. Jun 9, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Well of course a person can figure out all of this, thats why it isn't done yet. Come on people. Do you really believe that they would let this continue for some kind of unseen benefit to themselves? What is the benefit to covering the worlds oceans with oil? If we have a hurricane this will be an undisputed disaster.

I haven't been keeping up with the news because it is bullshit. The email said they need to run a dozen or so joints of pipe but also says they need to go 500'. Well it only takes 5.5 joints of pipe to go 500'. But again I do not watch the news so I don't know the depth of the issue but the email seems to be just like the news bullshit.

Products Discussed in

To Top