1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gun Forums?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by TRD6Speed, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Jul 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed [OP] senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    I was wondering if some of you guys would have a good recomendation on some good gun forums. Hopefully one that is welcoming to novices like myself.

Im hoping to join and learn some new things and also look for good deals on used firearms when up for sale. Right now Im looking at trying to get info on the trade in value of my GFs sr22 and whether or not maybe someone woould be interested in trading it for a 380 or 9mm for concealed carry. She wants to start carrying now that she is comfortable with shooting but the 22 isnt gonna cut it. Money is tight so trading it in or trading privately is my best bet. I also want to look into gettting a better/lighter gun for myself as I also will start carrying alot more soon.

Thanks for the help guys.

2. Jul 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    02sr5trd

02sr5trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5 TRD OFF ROAD 4x4
    Deckplate Mod, AFE Pro Dry filter, Xcelerator 14'' muffler, AAL, 5100's @2.5, Kenwood DD HU, Alpine speakers.
    http://www.thehighroad.org/

This is the one I have joined i have not participated much on it to know how the people are, but after being on this forum I dont think I will ever enjoy another forum. Good luck!

3. Jul 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    is there a local grassroots forum for CT gunowners?... i'd try there for a more local abmbiance, ...ar15.com is a large forum w/ lots of subforums for everything under the sun, including "hometown" forums for each state, and even vendor forums which is handy to ask questions about products... they do have a equipment exchange area, though i haven't used it..

4. Jul 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    TRD6Speed

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    cool thanks....i will check out both of those. Since I am fairly new (2yrs of having permit) I have not really gone to too many places to hear or be around and local grassroot clubs. I like the comfort of internet forums to learn things and contribute. I'll prob lurk more as I dont really want to become too involved in guns as I cant afford them.....and the more I clean my 1911 the more I realize what a PITA it is.....and its only like 5 parts.

I mainly just want a forum or two.....like this one(best ive ever been on.....even a little better than my old gsxr site which was close to my heart:eek:) that I can learn a little about my guns and maybe get some good prices on ammo and new firearms should I want to acquire one. And possibly meet up with locals should I come across them. Im still looking forward to getting my truck lifted to I can tag along on a wheeling trip with members here someday.

Again.....thanks for the quick replies and suggestions.;)

5. Jul 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    BradleyScottETC

BradleyScottETC Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Lake County, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 4.0 AC 4x4
    Oh man, do we suck that bad? :(

:D

6. Jul 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    TerryS

TerryS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Cape Cod, Mass.
    Vehicle:
    '19 Barcelona Red DCSB TRD OR
    Roof rack, step boards, window visors, hood protector, tonneau cover, bed extender & small lift kit.
    For we New Englanders, the best I've found is the Northeast Shooters Forum at www.northeastshooters.com. Great general info, legal info and classifieds.

7. Jul 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    grassroots forums are great IMO (for instance in OH, we have several, buckeyefirearms, ohioans for concealed carry, ohio rifle and pistol assoc, etc..) - there should be a rifle and pistol assoc. in CT or new england area i would think... also, this gun/hunting forum here on TW is a good forum too, so feel free to ask about stuff here too ;)

...oh, and don't worry, you'll figure out a way to foot the bill for your gun "habit" :D

8. Jul 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    TRD6Speed

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    great info thanks:D

9. Jul 30, 2012 at 12:33 AM
    cleveland48

cleveland48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Belmont, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    5100's set at 1.75, 1.5 in. AAL, 265/75/16 Cooper ST tires.
  10. Jul 30, 2012 at 1:48 AM
    2004tacoprerunner

2004tacoprerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    byron, mn
    Vehicle:
    2004tacoprerunner
  11. Jul 30, 2012 at 1:55 AM
    jscottl

jscottl Member

Member:
    http://forums.1911forum.com/