1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Had the interior out for soundproofing.....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Jimirich, May 10, 2009.

1. May 10, 2009 at 10:07 PM
    Jimirich

Jimirich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.
    Drove my car for two days with nothing but the driver's seat in it. I was putting down Damplifier Pro and Luxury liner Pro from Second Skin. I did the doors with the DP two weeks ago. No need to cover every inch of your door panels or the doors will get heavy and probably fall off in ten years. Make sure to wipe down surfaces with acetone and denatured alcohol. there is a lot of paint that is only a dusting and the butyl rubber will not adhere as well long term .

[​IMG]
    Got a little cutaway for running some lines. RCAs, or speakerwires.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Putting the AC vent back together was tricky. Lots of pushing. I zip tied the yellow wire through the liner to the retaining clip.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Took up any plating and ran the liner under the wires. Had to cut away some areas to get things back nicely. Mostly I wanted to get the floor board and hump. The base under the back seat I'll do to fit my sub box Marv is making.
    There's is a very noticeable difference in the quietness of the ride. I don't hear the road noise so much. Because of the thickness of the liner some things required a little pushing to get back on. Man even that JBL sytem I've been bagging on so hard sounds good with the soundproofing.
    Still waiting on Kenwood bluetooth adapter, Rockford Fosgate speaker wire, and of course Marv's sub. I'll probably do a modifeid install with everything but the deck and subs.
    Anyone with questions just pm me. It was not that hard to r/r the interior.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top