1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Had to sell my Tacoma

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by STravis, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Sep 27, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    STravis

STravis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Ruidoso, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    Well i'm in college right now and am falling behind on my bills. My truck was $360 a month and insurance was $150 a month so i finally did the mature thing and sold my truck. I really didn't want to but i can't afford to ruin my credit. I will hang around the site and chime in when i have good advice because this is an awesome forum. I will get another Tacoma as soon as i can afford it :thumbsup:

2. Sep 27, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    I'm sorry you had to sell your truck, but you did make the right decision! Good luck in your future endeavors.

3. Sep 27, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Damn....This is like the 3rd one in the past week?? Glad you were able to fix your situation man...Good luck in future!!

4. Sep 27, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    STravis

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Ruidoso, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    Well it wasn't bad, I just knew money was gonna start being more of an issue. I was able to sell the Tacoma and pay off the bank and afford a new car, so I came out ahead with a car and no bills.

5. Sep 27, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah....That's good that you saw it coming and managed to work it out. There have been a few posts this week about folks getting to tight spots in the budget and trying to offload their trucks to free up some money. And they have not been as lucky as you are.
    Like I said...I'm glad that it worked out for you.

6. Sep 27, 2010 at 3:34 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Atta boy...best of luck to ya man and hopefully we'll see ya down the road in a Tacoma :cool:

7. Sep 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM
    STravis

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Ruidoso, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I'm definitely gonna get another Tacoma. I wanted to go another direction with mine anyways.

8. Sep 27, 2010 at 4:38 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    i hear ya man. I am in college as well. I wish I didn't have car payments, otherwise I would be doing alright. good luck to you!

9. Sep 27, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    what kinda car did you get?

10. Sep 27, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    dude, your truck was sick. Glad you did the right thing though, many people would just go further into debt.

11. Sep 27, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    Dang man that sucks but i know how ya feel

12. Sep 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    STravis

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Ruidoso, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    One of my dad's friends built an '88 Camaro. It's been a really cool car so far.

Yeah, i loved my truck. I did even more stuff to it over the summer and got some sick new tires and everything. But i had to make the right choice and sacrifice a little bit.

13. Sep 27, 2010 at 5:50 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Way to man up and do the right thing.............I'd take good credit over a nice truck any time............good luck w/your schooling........hopefully it will pay off in the long run and you will have a nice shiny new truck in the next few years...........good luck!...............

Products Discussed in

To Top