1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Halo headlights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DannyH77, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Jan 28, 2013 at 11:46 PM
    DannyH77

DannyH77 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner
    Hey what's up guys, so I drive a white extended cab pre runner and my headlight went out today. I've been wanting to get some hid's but the problem is my headlights I have now are really badly oxidized, I've gone through all the cleaners and stuff but nothing's working. So, I've been thinking about buying new headlights with housing and everything and just getting rid of the ones I have. I've been looking at the halo headlights and they look really good. Ive been lookin online but im kinda lost on good brands, prices, and how bright to get. Any tips or help with a good place to buy them or any other suggestions would be great. Thanks!

2. Jan 28, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    Conman117

Conman117 AWESOME MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    98 Brap-coma
    Blue LED dash lights
    Retrofits are nice, but pricy and a lot of work.
    Check out www.theretrofitsource.com you can get retros with halos, but its DIY install.

3. Jan 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    DannyH77

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner
    Now would the retrofit just replace the "guts" of the headlights or the whole thing? Cause I basically just want to throw away the ones I have in there and buy completely new headlights.

4. Jan 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    Casey05Taco

Casey05Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Penngrove, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner
    trd seat covers, bed mat, tinted windows, debadged, mud flaps removed, tinted tails, blacked out center console, Black Rims, 6000k HID in highs and fogs, blacked out front emblem, Pioneer AVH-4300DVD, Gauge Cluster, lower valence, retrofitted, audio system, Maxtrac Spindles, Billies
    Id suggest trs also, but the ones you might be looking at are called Spyder's. If you want to do retros you could go with the d2s or even the H1 kit. Neither of those require cutting. If you want to also you can look at rockauto.com. They have headlights that are $46 a side.

5. Jan 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM
    Fisher

Fisher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 2.7 SR5
    K&n Drop In, Secondary filter removed, 5k Headlights, 3K fog lights. Vvt-I sticker (plus 15 HP), Magnapack muffler
    I would say you have 3 options depending on quality desired.

1. From the research i have done these are the best quality and look of the low end projector/halo headlights. The light outsput doesnt give a good light pattern but still better that stock, and the halo's will prob expire after a year or 2 if your lucky.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085NR5J8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AFNT0Y50NCTGS

2. These are next best up in quality (from research not personal experience) They are from a company that does a "retrofit" for you. Not as good of quality of TRS's retrofits but a lot better than the ones listed above,
    http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Tacoma...r=1-1&keywords=tacoma+projector+halo+retrofit

3. These would be the highest quality and best for your money. But you are also looking to replace your headlights. There are aftermarket headlights on Ebay for around $100 that you could do it with. I'm about to get the H1 mini's with LED halos, and from what i have read the installation is pretty easy.
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Hope this helps!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jan 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    Fisher

Fisher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 2.7 SR5
    K&n Drop In, Secondary filter removed, 5k Headlights, 3K fog lights. Vvt-I sticker (plus 15 HP), Magnapack muffler
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Jan 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    DannyH77

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner
    Thanks guys! Lots of help.

Products Discussed in

To Top