1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Haloheadlights vs BHLM

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rrtaco, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Feb 24, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    rrtaco

rrtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Culpeper
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Double Cab, Long Bed, Radiant Red
    Kenwood head unit, Alpine speakers with Rockford fosgate amp, kicker subs in box behind rear seat. Bhlm style headlights with ddm tuning 55w 5k headlight and fog light. Bed liner on bed and toolbox. Rear bumper fog lights. Super 44. Custom Exhaust Fox 2.5 Coilovers Total Chaos UCAs Allpro U Bolt Flip 33" Mickey Thompsons
    So i currently have halo headlights (without HID kit). The problem is i purchased two Hid kits from ddm tunning, and am now realizing i dont think ill be able to run two kits if even one... I originally planed two run a light and ballast for each light in the headlight (two per light). I got the slim ballast h4 lights.
    The main point is...Is there anyone that has ran two hids per headlight and if so, how. If not should i just bhlm and keep the hid, or get the halo headlight with a hid kit????

thanks, Colton

[​IMG]

2. Feb 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    You can run them. You'll just have one set for the low beams and the other for the highs. However, HID's in your high beams are really pointless.

3. Feb 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    rrtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Culpeper
    Vehicle:
    Kenwood head unit, Alpine speakers with Rockford fosgate amp, kicker subs in box behind rear seat. Bhlm style headlights with ddm tuning 55w 5k headlight and fog light. Bed liner on bed and toolbox. Rear bumper fog lights. Super 44. Custom Exhaust Fox 2.5 Coilovers Total Chaos UCAs Allpro U Bolt Flip 33" Mickey Thompsons
    ya with the hid kit the hi and lo is the same. the hi beam just directs the light up more. so itll work fine running two per headlight?

4. Feb 24, 2011 at 5:19 PM
    rrtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Culpeper
    Vehicle:
    I just thought about each of the lights have hi and lo on each buld so does this mean no hi beam???

5. Feb 24, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    jtav2002

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    I'm not sure how it works with from the factory it being one bulb and with the aftermarket lights they're separate. Do you currently have these lights hooked up. I'd assume the outer projector is your low beam and the inner ones come on when you use your highs? Correct? If it was me I'd just leave a standard halogen bulb in your highs and just use one HID kit and have it for your lows. HID's take several seconds to light up to their maximum brightness. So it's pointless in high beams cause if you quick need to have your high beams on they're not gonna be as bright as you'd want right away. Plus the constant on/off that high beams endure isn't the greatest thing for the ballasts.

Not sure if you've ever ran an HID kit before, but when I had one in my last car the lows were bright enough that I rarely even used my highs.

6. Feb 24, 2011 at 5:33 PM
    rrtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Culpeper
    Vehicle:
    Okay ya that makes sence. Your correct the outer bulb is low beam. Would it be possible to have hi and lo on the low beam bulb? Since thats how these hids are set up.

7. Feb 24, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    jtav2002

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    Not sure how that would work. Obviously the bi-xenon bulb would work in the standard housing. No idea how the projector lights are wired though or if the projector would even throw the light correctly with the highs. Sorry I can't help anymore without ever having those projector lights myself.

8. Feb 24, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    rrtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Culpeper
    Vehicle:
    Ya i appreciate the help! i think i might just return the kit, and get the halo headlights with the hid in them or bhlm with the kit.

Products Discussed in

To Top