1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hard Starting?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by PropJet, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Jan 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    PropJet

PropJet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, Moto Metal 955's, GoodYear DuraTrac 265/75/16's, N-Fab Nerf Bar
    Just had a Viper remote start system installed a few days ago on my new '09 DC OR, which only has about 500 miles on it. Today as I'm walking out of work I pushed the start button on the remote. As I was approaching the truck, I could hear the engine cranking for about 3 seconds or so, but it didn't start. After about what I would guess was 45 seconds, the remote system tried a second attempt on its own. This time the truck again cranked for about 3 seconds, then sputtered for a second or two, then fired up. After running for a few seconds, I wanted to see if I could duplicate the issue, so I shut the truck down, attempted a restart, only this time it fired right up. Although the engine was cold when this occurred, the outside air temp was 52 degrees, so weather obviously wasn't a factor. Anybody have any ideas why the truck didn't want to start?

Another question, for those who may have a Viper system (or any Directed Electronics remote start, I suppose)...if for whatever reason the vehicle just won't start, for how long will the remote system keep trying? The instruction manual, which I find lacking in some areas, does not address this issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top