1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anybody ever mounted anything to their tonneau cover?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by COtacoma15, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Dec 9, 2009 at 3:30 AM
    COtacoma15

COtacoma15 [OP] i love things made in japan

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    I am seriously considering mounting a rack to my tonneau cover. Has anybody ever seen this or done this to their truck? I am thinking half of a basket rack and a kayak/snowboard rack on the other half. Hot dog, not hamburger style. I also want to possibly mount 2 lights on the back side of the basket rack, facing the tailgate. Your guys' thoughts?

2. Dec 9, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    I've don't have a tonneau - but I think depending on the type of tonneau you have and the weight limit of the basket, mounts, and tonneau - it could be done. Just be sure to take all that into consideration.

Here is an idea for you... It's hard to see in the pics, but this "expediation" tacoma has a basket in the back - albeit not on the tonneau...

[​IMG]

I REALLY like how this one has the small square off-road lights mounted between the rails on the rood basket... I eventually would like to do that to mine as well. Link to the article: http://www.oramagazine.com/pastissues/0503-issue/050301t-maya-hunter.html

P.S. Thanks for your service overseas... get home safe.

3. Dec 9, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    redhottaco

redhottaco “planky my outdoor buddy”

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 4x4 V6
    I installed Yakima racks on my LEER 700 series tonneau cover. Everytime we go camping i add up a Yakima basket and bike racks, really like my set up.

4. Dec 9, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    redhottaco

redhottaco “planky my outdoor buddy”

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 4x4 V6
    Here's the pictures.

TW 002.jpg
    TW 004.jpg
    TW 001.jpg

5. Dec 9, 2009 at 10:30 PM
    COtacoma15

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    [​IMG]

I was thinking of something like this. This is the type of cover I have. An LT Sport Cover. It's supposed to be the strongest on the market. The thing is, is that once you have one of these systems mounted there are so many interchangable options you can add.

6. Dec 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM
    COtacoma15

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    Thanks. My current tour should be over within the next 2 weeks barring any setbacks, making me stateside for christmas. :)

7. Dec 10, 2009 at 10:12 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod

Good luck man... I know sitting on the flightline for three days isn't fun bro (at least it was a 2-3 day wait coming out of Iraq). As a matter of fact, I thought getting in and out of country was more of a pain in the ass than actually being there.

Products Discussed in

To Top