1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anyone had any luck with the dealer checking the trans fluid before purchasing

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Launch21v, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Mar 26, 2016 at 2:59 PM
    Launch21v

Launch21v [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD sport dclb 4x4 tech pack w/jbl white
    I am buying a truck from Oregon and driving it back home to Southern California. Has anyone had luck with requesting that the trans fluid and zerks on u joints lubed before driving off of the lot? I would like to request this before I drive home and didn't know if anyone had requested this and what outcomes you've had.

2. Mar 26, 2016 at 3:22 PM
    Lawfarin

Lawfarin Who me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Beetle Juice
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2024 GMC Sierra
    Working at a dealership I can tell you any request before you buy they will do. Even if the service department isn't thrilled about doing it the sales department will be all over them not to lose the sale. Tell them before you sign any papers you want them to check the fluid and the zerks. Tell them you also want to see if on the lift when they do it. They will probably take you to the back so you can see for yourself. I wouldn't say people on the forums said to check them before you buy them. Just tell them a buddy of yours bought one and his fluid level was 1qt low and his fittings were dry.

3. Mar 26, 2016 at 3:23 PM
    Launch21v

Launch21v [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD sport dclb 4x4 tech pack w/jbl white
    Thanks. That a good approach

4. Mar 26, 2016 at 4:37 PM
    JoeyDel

JoeyDel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2003 Off Road AC and '16 AC Sport Silver Sky Metallic
    I asked my salesmen to make sure mine was checked before I sign. I told him I'd like to see the work order for a physical check, not tech stream, or what ever the computer is called.
    I'll check back in when I know more and whether it was done.
    As far as grease, I think that is way over blown here. I'll do that myself.

5. Mar 26, 2016 at 5:27 PM
    bulldog

bulldog Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW MO
    Vehicle:
    2023 Pro
    Umm…it’s a Pro Retired 4/29/2023 Dobinsons MRR Dobinsons UCA Dobinsons C59-314 Front Springs Dobinsons I59-110 Rear Springs 4.88 Yukon Gears CMC MobTown Sliders Line-Xed RCI Aluminum Skid BAMF Recessed Grille WARFAB Rear tube bumper SSO Full Plate Hybrid (sitting in the garage still) TTD Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Clazzio Dark Gray Seat Covers 35% Tint Vinyl Tailgate Letters Undercover Elite Tonneau Apex Stealth Cali LED 31.5" w/upgrade OPT 7 harness and MicTuning Switch V5 Gemtech Homelink 265/75 16 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T Volk Gloss Black 16” 17' Pro Rigid Fog Lights 17' Pro Tail Lights Complete sound proofing
    I asked mine and they would not.

6. Mar 26, 2016 at 6:41 PM
    Bhigdaddy

Bhigdaddy New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM TRD Sport
    I requested my dealer check before coming in to pick it up and they did, no questions asked. Dealerships that care about good customer relations will do this.

7. Mar 26, 2016 at 6:50 PM
    Mr. Torgue

Mr. Torgue Explosions!!?!!?!?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 7544HHBBP
    LED lighting
    I recently took mine in because I felt the transmission slip and had asked the dealership I bought from to check it. They obviously didn't, and the dealership I took it to said they couldnt recreate the issue and said the scanner checked fine. I'll take it in Monday since it did it again today, and I'll see if I can pull off the deal some people do where they offer to pay if the levels fine but the dealership covers if it's low.

8. Mar 26, 2016 at 8:36 PM
    NHOwl

NHOwl Well-Known Member

Member:
    Asked my dealer to check before I took delivery. They did... 1/2qt low.

Products Discussed in

To Top