1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

hauling a big block motor

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thallium, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Jan 20, 2008 at 12:20 AM
    thallium

thallium [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma pre runner sr5, double cab long bed
    hows it going everyone. I wanted to share with you what my 07 tacoma looked like tonight hauling a 440 big block with a 727 trans attached. the whole thing weighed in around 900 to 1000 lbs. It was squatting a little in the back, but the tacoma handled it without any problems. Rode like a cadillac the whole way home. I've read some threads that said they bottom out with just a little weight, but mine did not have any problems. It has the 3 leaf springs too. Anyway, after having this truck for 5 months, it would be hard to live without a truck ever again!

0119081722ab.jpg
    0119081721ab.jpg

2. Jan 20, 2008 at 2:20 AM
    ERdept

ERdept Well-Known Member

Member:
    Excellent man. Glad to see it worked out, for you and for my future uses as well.

I don't really intend to haul heavy stuff. I just like a truck to put a cab on and have the world's biggest trunk to tote all my hobby stuff.

In the past, I had to cram it all into a civic with the seats folded down.

3. Jan 20, 2008 at 6:28 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I love seeing that stuff, I haul some heavy loads from time to time, with 3 springs and mine reacts about the same as yours, a little sag and then I just motor on. I feel like I have been really fortunate that I don't have any of these TSB issues, or at least not yet. I pulled a trailer yesterday, with load maybe a thousand, effortlessly. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top